can u still have kids if u have had 2 stds?

Ok and I don't need nobody judging me ima grown *** woman. But I'm 18 and in the past I've experienced two stds. One gonorrhea and the other chlamydia. I experienced gonorrhea twice and the chlamydia once I got both of them treated and cured. I asked my doctor can I still have kids she says well if u didn't come in at all for ur treatment than it could cause infertility. I said yeah but if its left untreated it will do that to me? She said yes. So I remember the first time I was exposed to gonorrhea the symptoms were bad and the second time I didn't really have no symptoms like that because they said its been caught in the early stage. I got treated and cured from both the gonorrhea and chlamydia. But can u still have kids after having 2 stds and cured from both of them?

Had both STIs and got them treated and I'm currently pregnant. My friend gets them A LOT and she had kids. She got them treated of course. Yes, left untreated can cause infertility as it damages your tubes and other things

• Your doctor is right. You may want to make sure that the stds were cured. If the stds were cured then you can still have kids. If you leave them untreated for a long time then you could end up with fertility issues.

• EF

After 1 bout of chlamydia, your fertility is said to be reduced to 85% of usual, dropping further after more infections. This is because it can damage your tubes, causing infertility and higher risk of ectopic pregnancy. Make sure you are still STD free and practice safe sex to avoid any more.

Source(s): I'm a doctor

There are tests to see if your tubes are open...If you are wanting to get pregnant, you can have those done. If you are expecting that to prevent pregnancy...better not count on it. Use protection.