Guillermo Ochoa to FC Barcelona?

Barca is looking for another GK to act as backup GK for ter Stegen. They are interested in Real Sociedads Claudio Bravo, but now that Ochoa is a free agent, they may be interested in him due to free transfer.

The question is that should Ochoa join if they offer him a contact? He would act as backup GK but he could potentially challenge for the starting spot. Not only would he able to adjust faster due to languge, but he would be a big marketing tool in Mexico. What are your thoughts? Should he go if given the opportunity or look elsewhere?

Update 2:

*if the Claudio Bravo transfer doesn't go down.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favourite answer

Yeah I saw it too, Televisa posted that on FB.

Ehh I don't think he''ll actually go and it'd be hard to actually become a starter.

Barca would probably start with ter Stegen and the only way Ochoa would get to play is if he makes consecutive errors. Then, just maybe would Ochoa get a chance to start a game, but then he'd have to have some flawless performances after that in order to gain a starting spot.

I hope Ochoa can go to a good club though, he deserves it. Milan, Marseille, Liverpool or Barca would all be great, but let's not forget that rumors are rumors and he could end up at Stade Rennais or Bastia.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Only if he becomes first GK for Barca. He is better than that ter Stegen I never even heard of that guy. Ochoa is better.

• 7 years ago

Woah man that would be dope as hell but Ochoa said he wants to stay in France.

• 5 years ago

A soccer team is made of 23 players, Mexico will not make it pass the second round with 11 good players, they need to have a strong bench as well. Anything can happen to those players they can get seriously injured, then what?!! use that as an excuse on why they did not make it pass the second round? Mexico needs to think about other players then just their "Star" players. Hugo Sanchez is just like any other trainer, just because he was a great player back in his days, does not mean that he will be a great coach. There is a difference between playing on the field than coaching outside of the field.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Nah, he should go to a team where he will have a legit shot at starting.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

ochoa was offered learn how to read

• 7 years ago

Fk that. It would kill his form and be a waste of time. No one should be a backup for that German put0

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.