Kippers, what other policies make UKIP, in their minds, worth voting for?

Besides leaving the EU and the vague promise to, erm...... "do something" (do what? they're not going to stop it) about immigration.

I'd like to know what they think of UKIP policies on

NHS

Defence

Taxation

Education

Foreign policy

Public services

etcetera, etcetera

Or will everything just fall into place magically once Nigel Farage waves his magic wand and we pull out of the EU and "do something" about immigration?

All of this is what will ultimately matter in the General Election.

Update:

Fear not, Foxy. Who needs stupid things like policies when you have Nigel 'James Bond' Farage to come and sort out all us conniving LibLabCon marxists with his 'straight-talk' and trusty f'ag-and-pint (irrefutable proof that he's down to earth and just like you innit) to stop us from releasing those dastardly genetically engineered superbugs into hospitals to off all the Kippers and indigenous old ladies?!

Farage will be the star of his own anti-communist films in the Ukiptopia...

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favourite answer

I understand that to take votes from the three main parties at an EU election is perfectly possible with a single anti-EU message, which is why UKIP did well last week, at a time where the coalition parties have made working people bear the weight of the recovery from a crisis they didn't cause, and the Labour Party have failed to provide effective opposition to their attacks.

But at a general election, people are aware they are actually electing a government, and policy is necessary - "we aren't any of those hopeless lot" won't be enough and UKIP will have to come up with policy on the issues you mention.

As for the NHS being safe in UKIP hands, Deputy Leader Paul Nuttall (now there's a man with an interesting past) favours total privatisation.

Attachment image
  • 7 years ago

Fear of UKIP is only natural especially for those who support smug careerist politicians.

They claim that they wll run all of these:

NHS. Defence.Taxation. Education. Foreign policy. Public services

based on an old notion called 'common sense.'

In other words the Civil Service would be expected to give much more practical advice. Problem is... the system is full of New Labour sleepers.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

They're irrelevant really so the question is moot

But did you know that the NHS is heading for a cash crisis?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/health/news/article3...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/health/473325/Millio...

Why do you think other parties have been dipping their toes in the water to see if we'll accept being charged a fee for visiting the GP?

All parties know that after the next general election something has to be done and the alternative is to raise taxes for everyone

So regardless of who gets in next, would you prefer your NI contributions to permanently go up from the current 12% or would you prefer to have GP visits paid for?

Anyway, everything in life has a price and if UKIP won power and found time to even implement any of those other policies it would be worth paying

The alternative is being in a Federal Europe with no say or control over the laws that govern you

Even in our present situation our judges aren't allowed to deport thieves, murderers and rapists and we haven't even signed up to everything

Mr Cameron is beginning to feel alienated already because the next EU Presidential candidate is very keen to encourage more EU control and integration, i.e. less control for national government = less control for individuals

That's not surprising in any form because they've been saying this for a long long time in public. The goal of the EU is to have a Federal Europe Union and an end to the sovereignty of individual nations

Why do you think you see an EU flag on government identification instead of a British flag?

Once central banking becomes law, which it will following their initial testing in Greece and Cyprus, we won't be able to control taxes or interest rates. When exports suffer, when the cost of living goes up we won't be able to do a thing about it because the strong Germany economy won't have a problem and so they won't care

You can sugar coat Labour polices in whatever form you like but you just have to look at what the last lot did to this country to understand what they stand for; More power and money to the leaders, less freedom and rights for the everyday comrade

And as for your latest saviour, Red Ed, he wants to take a lurch back to the extreme left and so he's all in favour of the EU because Marxist/Communist rule is exactly what he wants

Millions of people lost their lives in wars in the last century so that the people of this country would have freedom and if we stay in the EU we'll just be throwing it all away

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I like the idea of making cuts to the NHS budget. Things like free tattoo removal, religious circumcision, cosmetic surgery, IVF and homeopathy need to be cut. And as somebody who went to a terrible comprehensive school which denied me the chance to reach my full potential and condemned me to a life of mediocrity, the return of grammar schools also appeals.

However, this is all irrelevant, because Ukip have no chance of running the country in the near future. I vote for them to pressure the three main parties into dropping their superior attitude, listening to the people, ending mass immigration ASAP and giving us a referendum on the European Union.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

They've moved the political debate,onto EU and immigration issues.

Temporarily I believe.

That debate will be gradually skewed,and opinions watered down by the vested interests,until it's a vague memory,little if anything will change.

If voting actually changed anything,the vote would be abolished,it's a pretense,to keep the masses in ignorance,and under control.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Hi so why are so many brushing over the racist elements of the manifesto of UKIP i wonder.

• 7 years ago

Judging by the amount of Liebour voters last week, the people need constant reminding of how bad Liebour were when they were in power! It is my my goal in life to put down the utter crap that people like you spout. The looks of dismay on the faces of all your liar LibLabCON leaders and supporters last weekend about the rise and rise in UKIP did me the world of good. THAT was the reason I voted UKIP.... if it gets under your skin, then that alone is a good enough reason to support them. Policy comes next, after we decide what they are..... and I note that the liars at the LibLabCON haven't written theirs yet, and will not release theirs until a few weeks before the gen elec.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

This question is a bit like asking what can Rooney do well apart from playing football? It's irrelevant. Parties like the greens and Plaid Cymru are generally supported by people who don't want them to take over the country but would like them to have a few MPs in Westminster to make their voices heard and make sure that what they stand for is listened to.

The libdems make they, re a party of gov but realistically they know they, re just a pressure group. The difference is that ukippers don't make that pretence.

• 7 years ago

Probably commissioning research - by a commercial entity, at public expense - into climate change caused by gay and lesbian activity.

• Jean
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Some people think very shallow when it comes to voting for UKIP , hate being a reason against others is not a good enough justification when every thing else NHS defence tax etc is swept under the carpet.1 says it all really1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.