Will Wigan win promotion next season.?

They should have won the play offs.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

They are in the mix - the Championship is the most open, competitive division in English football. When talking about promotion you have to automatically list the three teams relegated from the Premier League in the last season. So Norwich City, Cardiff City, and Fulham are in the hunt. Then you add the loser of Derby vs QPR and Brighton. Finally you add "big clubs" like Nottingham Forest, Leeds United, Reading, Ipswitch, and Blackburn Rovers and you can also make the case for Watford and Middlesboro.

That's twelve other teams that would not be surprise in the promotion spots next May. Oh, and even Wolves!

The one common characteristic of all these teams is that all have large faithful followers who will fill their stadia with vocal fans. In the long, long Championship season the support of the crowd can mean the few points difference between play-offs and also-rans.

• 7 years ago

Maybe. I predict them to, the manager is confident they will do better so good luck to him.

I think the championship this season has been enjoyable, top 5 teams are worthy to finish in the top 2, the season before was inconsistent.

It also depends on who Wigan buy and sell. Some of their players would probably be linked away. Rosler is a good manager and I hope they get promoted.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

they are good enough but that is a relentlessly tough leage, top manager though

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.