is 18 too young to have kids?

Ok I'm an 18 year old black female and not that I'm asking this question because I want kids but because people think having kids at this age is entirely too young. Me I don't think it is. I've known people that have had babies at the age of 18 and they say they don't regret it. Me if I ever decide to become pregnant I want to first make sure this is what I wanna do, and also find that person that's not going to up and leave me hanging taking care of a baby by myself. I mean I know parenting is a lot of work but aye its worth it. I know the concept of taking care of a child. Took a parenting class where u actually had to take home the baby for 2 days and that was interesting. My gig, it doesn't matter how old u are when u decide to have a baby but the thing is if ur ready for to be a parent and take on those responsibilities because I'm not ready for to be a parent right now which is why I'm on birth control. So the question, is 18 too young to have kids?

There are already too many delinquent kids,why risk another ?

Wait until you've had some life first.

• Rose

I think yes, because you're still developing at 18 and normally don't have the life experience or the maturity to handle all the stresses of being a parent.

Yes...

Not in all cases. I had my daughter when I was 16. Im now 18. I dont regret I thing. I think im the best mom she can have and im fully capable of mothering her.

ON THE OTHER HAND I know plenty of people who have had kids this young and at HORRIBLE parents. They party and dont look after their kids.

But the same thing happens with 30 year olds.

Ability to raise a child properly doesn't depend on age

if you are ready to raise a child financially and psychologically, and you have the support of people around you then it is absolutely okey with me, as long as you raise that child good.

In my opinion, yes.

no

No duh u are the dumbest person ever