What are you doing about Heartbleed and what should we be doing?

Should we be changing passwords now or wait until you direct us on this very important issue?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

The best thing you can do is be very careful where you login for the next week or so to allow websites to update their security certificates proving they are safe from Heartbleed. You might be getting notifications now letting you know your favorite sites have updated their certificates and if you have gotten these messages, then you know those websites are safe to proceed to login to.

The next step to manage your passwords and protect yourself against Hearbleed on your iPad is to change the passwords you have been using to login sites. It is important to wait to do this until after you know the website has updated its certificate though, otherwise you will just end up having to change it again. It helps if you use a password manager and PasswordBox is an excellent free app for iPad, or you can choose from a variety of other password manager apps.

• 6 years ago

The heartbleed exploit is not a virus... but a hole in a major security language that most programs use... so as long as you did not access anything with OpenSSL as the encryption language then your fine... if you did access any sites (or buy anything) in the last 3 weeks or so then you have to change the passwords and cancel the credit cards... as they are most likely compromised...

Source(s): 5 years of computer repair work
  • 6 years ago

Do the Harlem shake until it's over

• Mark
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

i use vmware a virtualbox for my network - for the last 5 years - is free and have kis pure 3.0

vmware takes a snapshot of your OS before you go to where you go and any problems of infections you get ; you just go back to your snapshot --- you don't get infected

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Martin
    Lv 6
    6 years ago
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.