Non-Christians, would you be offended if a person said to you "merry christmas" ...?

...during the month of December? I know there is a similar question being posted about this now, from a Muslim. But I wanted to put my own spin on this. It so happened that over Christmas in the retail business in which I work, one of our sales assistants wished a customer "Merry Christmas" and he... show more ...during the month of December?

I know there is a similar question being posted about this now, from a Muslim. But I wanted to put my own spin on this.

It so happened that over Christmas in the retail business in which I work, one of our sales assistants wished a customer "Merry Christmas" and he complained that she was being rude.

As an atheist who is not a Christian, I personally don't find it offensive at all. I think anyone who does is very childish.

What are your thoughts on this?
Update: @Bob,
But I already stated in the question "during the month of December". Why am I repeating myself? Read the damn questions and stop trying to be a smart Alec