Problem downloading video from camera to computer?

I have a Nikon L26 that I have shot a couple videos with, but these particular videos just won't download to the computer. Other videos do great, but the videos I want most won't copy correctly. The transfer mimics downloading, but the result is the files contain no data. Has anyone dealt with this? Is... show more I have a Nikon L26 that I have shot a couple videos with, but these particular videos just won't download to the computer. Other videos do great, but the videos I want most won't copy correctly.
The transfer mimics downloading, but the result is the files contain no data.
Has anyone dealt with this?
Is there a way to revover the videos?
How might I prevent recurrence?
Notes; The videos playback fine on the camera, but the computer will not read the memory card directly.
Any help here would be hot.
Update: @ Iridflare: Connecting the camera, using windows explorer, the files show as normal. Copying them to my videos folder, the transfer 'mimics' downloading, but the transferred files are zero bites. Inserting the memory card into the card reader, the card is non existent in explorer. The camera will play back... show more @ Iridflare: Connecting the camera, using windows explorer, the files show as normal.
Copying them to my videos folder, the transfer 'mimics' downloading, but the transferred files are zero bites.
Inserting the memory card into the card reader, the card is non existent in explorer.
The camera will play back the videos, and they are far too big for internal camera memory.
@ snowwillow20: I have a card reader in the computer, It reads/writes 'SD' cards fine, it may be the card is SD-HC, and not compatible.
Other videos copy and play just fine on the computer, it is just these two videos.
Like Kodak moments, I hate to loose them, but I am left with only a couple minutes of remaining video recording.
Update 2: @ palladini: The memory card is 8 gb, the internal memory won't even handle HD video.
The videos also play just fine on the camera, the downloaded file just contains zero bytes.