Who should be the starting defence for mexico?

The defense needs a lot of work. Who deserves to start?

Hugo Ayala was terrible, I don't understand why he started twice when he had mistakes.

Rafa Marquez was alright, a little slow but overall ok. Maza could be a replacement but for now I like Marquez.

We still haven't found our starting RB so that's up in the air. Id like to see P Aguilar or Guty Estrada be given a chance but I doubt it will happen.

Should our back four look something like this:

Aguilar/Layun - Marquez - Moreno - Torres Nilo/Salcido

BQ: should Diego Reyes go out on loan if he doesn't start getting some minutes at Porto?

BQ2: should the Olympic CBs be given a chance to start a game? Reyes and Mier?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Alex
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favourite answer

I don't think our defense would have suffered as much if Moreno had not gotten injured; we need him. Torres Nilo really was really disappointing this game, i still think he is one of our best LB, not Salcido. Maybe try Layun as LB and Meza as RB. Even Magallon would have been better than Ayala

BQ: Yes has a lot to show and any club would be happy to have him play

BQ2: Maybe Mier but not both! Reyes really shocked me in that game against Honduras! He really showed his lack of experience!

• 7 years ago

Aguilar, Marquez, Moreno, Layun.

Miguel Layun plays better as LB. RB isn't his main position. Torres Nilo wasn't looking to good these past games.

If Diego Reyes starts getting more playing time with Porto and improves then i say he should be given another chance with El Tri. He did make some errors in his past games with NT but so has Moreno, Ayala, Layun, Nilo and Rodriguez.

• 7 years ago

Aguilar--Rafa---Magallon---Layun

or

Gutty--Marquez--Moreno---Salcido

BQ: If Porto is smart they would loan him out and see how he does with other teams. Once their old CB's leave if Reyes did good he can start.

BQ2: Reyes and Mier are too shaky. Rafa looked solid since he returned. Moreno, Magallon, or even Maza can start next to Marquez.

• 7 years ago

Aguilar--Marquez--Moreno--salcido

BQ: Yes he's young and he can make the world cup if he goes on loan

BQ2: Not right now

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Meza Moreno Rafa Salciod

Layun and nilo were soo bad.

BQ: he won't

BQ: nope they inexperienced . This is not time to experienced players

• D07
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

I think they should give Cesar Ibanez from santos a chance at the right back role.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.