My laptop computer is too slow. It takes for ever to boot and always says the program is not responding?

Any time I start my computer it takes too long to boot

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favourite answer

i would like to suggest u to open your computer in the safe mode then restore your laptop into the first restore point.

After restoring your laptop into the first restore point you may loss your some programs installed but none of your data downloaded or copied to c:/ drive

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Have you been running the 'check disk' operation regularly?

(Failing sectors with nearly un-readable data could cause this behavior.)

For the time being, you might try 'Hibernate' rather than shutting down the system.

The 'hibernate' method gives several benefits: It's a near zero power state; all 'Startup' folder items are already loaded, Windows background services are already 'up', and all open work moves to the hard drive, yielding really fast start-ups.

This would be a temp work-around, and not a solid solution to the problem.

• 7 years ago

you have too many startup programs and processes loading on boot , run task manager and see how many , more than 50 will make your laptop crawl , you can delete all the update processes and many of the services go to elder geeks or bleepingcomputer for advice on what you don't need to load

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It seems that your OS has registry problem, so I would suggest you to fix it properly with the help of these tips given below:-

- Find how to start PC in safe mode, normally Pressing F8 key when windows starts up.( Google it)

- In Safe Mode create a new user, with administrator privileges and protect it with password.

- Remove unwanted softwares & programs.

- Use CCleaner to fix OS registry.

- Restart your PC normally and log on to the new account created.

Stay Happy :-)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Run a virus checker such as Superantispyware. You could well have viruses on board that will slow up your machine

Source(s): Experience!!!!
  • 7 years ago

We need to know your specifications.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.