Are these the symptoms of a Stroke or something else?

My mom and I were just sitting in the living room watching Saturday Night Live. She had the laptop in her lap and I was watching the TV. Suddenly she said she got really dizzy, so dizzy she was going to vomit. Then a sheet of sweat covered her body, all over. She got diarrhea and continued to feel dizzy and very unstable. This isn't the first time its happened. (The other times weren't as serious)

She's been under a lot of stress lately. I'm starting school on Monday and we're currently searching for my brother.

Was this stress or something else?

• DTKB

I do not think your Mother is having a stroke. However, I would not rule out a heart attack for these reasons:

1. Dizziness

2. Sweating

3. Feeling as though you want to vomit

Does she have any of the following symptoms:

- Neck, shoulder, upper back or abdominal discomfort

- Shortness of breath

- Unusual fatigue

- Indigestion

- Feeling like an elephant in sitting on her chest?

Anytime she is experiencing 2 of this symptoms it is recommended that she be seen. Your mother, as far as we know is experiencing THREE of these symptoms. Regardless, bring her an aspirin or an advil/ibuprofen and a glass of water.

It is very important to stay calm, and in a calm, casual voice, run through the other symptoms.

Be prepared for her to say, "NO!" but you should dial 911 and tell them her symptoms. They will send out a squad and bring in a portable EKG machine to your place of residence to you and make an informed decision from there. Do not even tell her you are doing it until shortly before they arrive. Go in another room and call.

Good Luck and let us know what happens. You can double click on my Avatar and the list on the left, last item at the bottom, double click and you can email me.