Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

How can anyone not see the end is near?

2Th:2:11: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

I believe all athiests confirm this.

Of Course ! Matthew 24:5-8 gives us some important clues so we can discern the approach of the end times, “For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.” An increase in false messiahs, an increase in warfare, and increases in famines, plagues, and natural disasters—these are signs of the end times. In this passage, though, we are given a warning: we are not to be deceived, because these events are only the beginning of birth pains; the end is still to come.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/signs-end-times.html#i...

(Here comes the TD's)

Source(s): TR

1

Source(s): When Will Earth End? http://givitry.info/EndTimesProphecy

Right, you need eyes to see and ears to hear, of course.

HalleluYAH - praise ye the LORD!

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2 Peter 3:1-4

1 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:

2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

• Lucian

I'm pretty sure people back in old day thought the end was near as well. Especially back in middle ages like in 1300's. There Black Death, lot of people died from that disease and they thought the end was drawing near!

I think during those time was far worse than what we're having now.. Well can't really speak for rest of the world, since I live in USA and not in war zone! :/

Well, couldn't that apply to any belief system if it is incorrect?

Oh, it's near enough. Read the first three volumes of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, and then weep for our civilization and society.

The end of civilization, and maybe even society, yes. Of the wicked? Possibly. But not imminent.

Because the bones of all the fools who believed that end of world is near bear witness to the fact end is myth to terrorize gullible, if end is really near, sell all church buildings to Casinos and whorehouses and use the money to build a SUPER NOAH's ARK version 2.0 and invite all your christian pairs along with asses, donkeys and rats and snakes etc

How can you be so sure? The Bible says no one knows the time. I've lived over 60 years and people have been saying the time is near as far back as I remember.

• Mark

People have been saying that the end is near for thousands of years.

Yep, the End is near...just as it was at 100 A.D., 1000 A.D., 2000 A.D....ad infinitum. No dice...I don't buy the myth.

The rear is near,

The end is near,

but I am sure,

the rear end is not near