"The Eternal Life " conclusion, "Who I Am" will you read and c.c?

This poem is long; for that, I am sorry. I did not want to have another segment. I hope it keeps your interest to read the whole thing. I wrote about a third of this in verse in honor of my loyal friend on YAP, Jupiter Joanne, who expressed she hoped I would write the conclusion in rhyme/verse. The remainder,... show more This poem is long; for that, I am sorry. I did not want to have another segment. I hope it keeps your interest to read the whole thing. I wrote about a third of this in verse in honor of my loyal friend on YAP, Jupiter Joanne, who expressed she hoped I would write the conclusion in rhyme/verse. The remainder, starting where is says 32 A.D. is free verse. During this part there are three individuals who have spoken. Two of them are distinct and in quotes. The third is the man who has The Eternal Life. C.C. and comments are welcome. I respect all of them, and try to employ any changes I feel in my heart will make me a better poet and writer. Oh, the versed part I wrote in 10 syllables and did my best to have a decent beat. Thanks, Thomas

Note: There is spiritualism and my faith intertwined in this piece, especially this last segment. This is no offense to other faiths or non-believers. I hope we all can look at this as a poem/story. :)
______________________________________...

The Eternal Life
Series Conclusion
Part 4 of 4 plus
a Summary account

Who I Am

Commissioned by brevet in custody
By the East German soldier in my charge
I was immersed in abject gluttony
Though knew very soon I would be at large

First needed to regain my inner strength
Let them confirm Colonel Nathan Connor
Cannot see them keeping me at times length
News-wired story the world would honor

Hospitalized and out one month later
Released to American Embassy
Then I returned to the United States
No fanfare to special forces you'll see

Debriefing several weeks to unfold
Time for a whole other life to begin
Then I lamented of Him I am sold
Abscond new name, same original sin

This account changed my long life forever
My plaint clear now as my first endeavor:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A.D. 32
In Bethany, with my sisters Mary and Martha,
and their good friend, then mine, visited us.
I came to believe in this man as Lord and Savior.
He was to leave, but stayed on when I was ill

He said to us:
“This sickness will not end in death,
No, it is for God's glory, so that God's
Son may be glorified though it”

He then left us

I did not know exactly what he meant
Trusted him no less until I passed away
My body was entombed, but soul left me
The next happening - not under my authority

While away, Jesus told his disciples:

“Our friend has fallen asleep, but I am
going to his tomb and wake him up”

He then told the gathering that followed
Him to the tomb:

“Our friend is dead, and for your sake I
am glad I was not there, so that you may
believe in me. Now, let's go to him”

When Jesus got to the tomb, the dead man
had already been buried for four days. Upon
hearing of his arrival, Martha came to the tomb
and told Jesus “If you had been here, my
brother would have lived." Jesus said to Martha,
“Your brother will rise again”

Then The Messiah told the gathering:
“I am the resurrection and the life. He who
believes in me will live, even though he dies,
and whoever lives and believes in me will never
die. Do you believe this?”

Many came to believe in Jesus that day

With this, Jesus told some men to remove the
stone that covered the tomb. Once open, he
shouted for the dear man inside the tomb to
“Come out and live”

My spirit now enveloping my heart, I
walked out of the tomb, was torn of
my wrappings and given cloth to cover
my body. I then hugged my sisters,
approached Jesus, embraced and
kissed him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

His present day

My name is Lazarus

Little more was said in Scripture about
who I was or what I did, or if I died. I
died once, but was resurrected by
Jesus, and have lived ever since.

This is not in the Holy Bible, but after
he raised me from the dead, Jesus told
me “Lazarus, besides me, who will soon
die, rise and then be with my Father, you
will forever be my one example of the
resurrection and the life. You will never
die, but take heed, for I will be with you
until that day when I return at the end of
days. There will be a day I will lift up the
living and the dead. You will continue on
and preach the good news though some
very hard times, but I will be with you.
Shortly after this time, I shall return for
you and those who believe in me. Stay
faithful, and for the Fathers sake, try not
to be caught, for you will experience much
pain. Again my friend, I am with you.”

My life now goes on. Nathan Connor no more,
on February 7, 1956, I am now a new man, but
since I came to believe, was always a
'new creation' in Him.

Jesus Is Lord

Lazarus

Update: Most scriptural quotes were taken from the Holy Bible NIV translation; the gospel of John, Chapter 11:1-43, though the whole account of Lazarus extends as far as Chapter 12:11. There were a couple spots I modified or added a word or two in a verse. The very last quote from Jesus in the last paragraph, where... show more Most scriptural quotes were taken from the Holy Bible NIV translation; the gospel of John, Chapter 11:1-43, though the whole account of Lazarus extends as far as Chapter 12:11. There were a couple spots I modified or added a word or two in a verse. The very last quote from Jesus in the last paragraph, where Lazarus says there is no account in the Bible, was totally invented on my part. Thanks
_______________________________________...
Update 2: Correction: not that noticeable, but in the last 'long' paragraph, on line 11, which reads as follows: "and preach the good news though some" should be: "and preach the good news through some" ---- man, I do that all the time with that word. lol. ... show more Correction: not that noticeable, but in the last 'long' paragraph, on line 11, which reads as follows: "and preach the good news though some"
should be: "and preach the good news through some" ---- man, I do that all the time with that word. lol. Thomas
Update 3: YAP poets and friends, thank you for your patience. This is a four part poem, so I do not blame any confusion if one has not read all four parts. Then again, I don't blame or expect anyone to read every part either unless compelled to do so or they really love the story. However, see link below - I did... show more YAP poets and friends, thank you for your patience. This is a four part poem, so I do not blame any confusion if one has not read all four parts. Then again, I don't blame or expect anyone to read every part either unless compelled to do so or they really love the story. However, see link below - I did provide a "Summary Account" before the Conclusion which might help.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...

In the future am going to try to cut back on the several part epics and stick to one page poems, maybe two, but release them both at same time. Blessings, Thomas

Thanks so much for answers so far. Grateful and helpful. TBC
Update 4: Blue Bell: Thanks for your answer, and no worries---you answer is stout, and spot on. This is a fictional poem that intrigued me, and it has accomplished the task I sought with it. Yes, there are more accounts of Jesus bringing others to life, and accounts in the Old Testament as well. I do appreciate your... show more Blue Bell: Thanks for your answer, and no worries---you answer is stout, and spot on. This is a fictional poem that intrigued me, and it has accomplished the task I sought with it. Yes, there are more accounts of Jesus bringing others to life, and accounts in the Old Testament as well. I do appreciate your answer very much. Thomas Bri
Update 5: What's It 2U: Thanks as always for your answer, honesty and support. You are right, and because of that, this is my last long epic, with the exception of the Sir Thomas/Time Machine, only because those stand more on their own even with one segment. Had things been different I would try a novel, but right now... show more What's It 2U: Thanks as always for your answer, honesty and support. You are right, and because of that, this is my last long epic, with the exception of the Sir Thomas/Time Machine, only because those stand more on their own even with one segment. Had things been different I would try a novel, but right now there is this certain 17 year old who needs me, and I am a Daddy first. Perhaps later. Thomas
Update 6: I just read this again - I admit it is long, but this story has me captivated. There is the possibility Lazarus will come back in subsequent poems as part of The Eternal Life series. I said no more, and meant it, no more 4-5 part poems. However, current series and to bring back a one page continuation of the... show more I just read this again - I admit it is long, but this story has me captivated. There is the possibility Lazarus will come back in subsequent poems as part of The Eternal Life series. I said no more, and meant it, no more 4-5 part poems. However, current series and to bring back a one page continuation of the story---perhaps if the folks are the slightest interested. Thomas
Update 7: Time to close this. Out of all the poems I have written, am talking about these multi-part ones, this is the most intriguing one. I really enjoyed writing it. Thank you all for the answers and those who gave poem a star- you are special to me. Thomas