Maladaptive daydreaming!!!! Is it a bad thing or not?

Most will yell therapist but I'm not the type to "share" my feelings I tried it a couple times when I was diagnosed with severe social anxiety. They say its caused by abuse and yes I was molested by my older brother from 5-8 and ever since then I've been obsessed with sex male and female fantasy... show more Most will yell therapist but I'm not the type to "share" my feelings I tried it a couple times when I was diagnosed with severe social anxiety. They say its caused by abuse and yes I was molested by my older brother from 5-8 and ever since then I've been obsessed with sex male and female fantasy wise, I even remember in elementary school daydreaming about looking up a female teacher skirt. I've gotten worse with my daydreaming to the point where my fantasy's started blending into reality and not in a crazy way because I can differentiate reality and daydreaming but in a different way for instance I had been daydreaming about this guy I knew who was dating my older cousin and one day I told my friend about him and before I knew it I was telling her about all the things we done and even let her talk to what she "believed" was to be him on the phone. Nowadays I don't really speak specifically of my dreams to friends but I might refer to something I done way back when with one of my characters, but anymore my daydreams mainly revolve around sex or they lead up to it. Most of my dreams become very elaborate so much that I actually turned one into a short story, I spend hours upon hours dreaming and sometimes I just lay in the bed for hours before I go to sleep and daydream and when I wake up I do the same, any little spare time I have I find myself doing it and now it seems to come so naturally that (about to sound crazy) I'm not really thinking about what the other persons response would be it just kind of happens like right now I'm reading this aloud in my head and I can tell its my own voice but in my daydreams it's not like that its almost as if its real life as if you have a conversation with another person and you ask how their day is your not going to say in your head okay she's going to say its horrible because this or that happened its like my characters have a mind of their own and its so life like, personally I love being able to "live" out my fantasies easily
2 answers 2