Cars like the Honda S2000, Del Sol, Miata?

So here’s the deal. I will be buying my first car this summer and I am looking to buy something sporty! Im a college student… So im broke, and don’t have money for expensive repairs/maintenance etc. I am looking for something with 2 Doors, kind of like the Honda S2000(if I had the money) or the Del Sol. What other cars look like the S2000 or a Miata? Thanks !!

If you're a broke college student, the S2000 is out.

Even the first model year of that car is still going for $9K-$10K with high miles.

The Del Sol will be the best option for your situation. The problem is going to be finding one that someone wants to get rid of that isn't a complete rust bucket.

If you are not to picky about the looks issue- try a Geo, they can be found in a drop top.

Now the S2000 and the Miata are rear wheel drive. But insurance wise the Miata is the cheaper of the two, more reliable and very likely easier to be found.

The Soltice and its counter part are not very fugal on gas. I am not sure about insurance costs, but neither is as reliable as any of the ones you mention.

The Del Sol is fWD, has nice looks and if you want FWD a good car.

But instead of going for sporty- consider going for reliable and affordable. There are a lot of cars out there that perform almost as good as any you mention, but are easier to find and for a given dollar amount a better buy.

Check out Consumer Reports- they no doubt have the best list by price of reliable cars.

If you are chosing between the Del Sol & The Miata. Then I think you should go with a Miata. As much as I love Hondas, the Del Sol was poorly built & not very durable.

The Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky are both very nice roadsters.

The BMW Z4 are also very nice but pricey. So is the Porsche Boxster.

Other roadsters to consider:

Chevy Corvettte.

Audi TT

Chrysler Crossfire

Mercedes SLK

Toyota MR2

The problem is your choice of cars tends to be on the expensive side. Car companies don't make cheap sports cars since sports cars are rich man's toys. People don't buy them for practical every day use, they buy them for weekend cruises and Saturday night dates.

Get the Mr 2 spyder with the least amount of miles you can afford. there's just nothing like it. probably the closest most of us could ever get to owning a porsche.

buick reatta- has a 3.8 which is a good motor. its like a riviera but only seats 2

difficult factor. do a search over yahoo. just that might help!