Prove to me that God is real.?
Here is proof that god is fake, now all you Christians prove to me that god is real.
1.In the Bible it says that god is omnipotent, this means he knows everything that is happening to every person and knows what WILL happen to every person. Therefore he knows who is going to hell and who is going to heaven. However, creation of a being knowing that he is going to hell is pure evil.
2. In the Bible, Jesus says that you should treat your enemies with kindness, however, later on in the book it says for Jesus to send all those who do not believe in him to hell.
3. What about prayer. In the Bible it explicitly says that Jesus/God will answer all prayers. So if I pray that cancer be cured it should be cured right? Theoretically yes according to the Bible, but that is not what happens.
4. There is absolutely no solid/proven proof that God exists, however there is many proof that God does not exist.
*Proofs will be revised as answers come*
5. In the Bible, God claims to have made light and darkness before making the objects that create light and darkness.
6. In the Bible, there are talking snakes, inanimate objects that come to life and other absurdities that have been proven false.
Let me answer JIMBO's rather stupid rebuttal. He makes the analogy that we know the Easter Bunny is not real but we dont bother proving it. This is true because EVERYONE knows that he/she is not real, noone needs to prove it. However, with god half of the people believe that god is real and half of the people do not believe god is real. So that is why we have debate.
Also, let me ask no1home2day a question. You keep saying that if Jesus was (this) then nothing will happen, however, you do not state why nothing will happen. Where is your proof.
Also i find no1home2day's "IF YOU DARES" quite annoying and absolutely no help to his argument. Anyone agree?
Quoting no1home2day: "If the Bible is nothing more than the writings of some crazy bronze-aged, goat-herding cave men as the atheist mockers keep insisting, then nothing at all will happen. That's the claim of the atheists here in R & S, but they refuse to PROVE that they really believe this! They don't really believe what they claim to believe! If you believe what you CLAIM to believe, then PROVE it and take His challenge - IF . YOU . DARE !"
Ok would you mind elaborating why nothing will happen? You keep saying that nothing will happen yet you never bother explaining why. Also yes we atheists believe in what we preach, that's why we're atheists just like you're called Christian.
Answers to UncleThesis:
1. If my definition is incorrect, could you at least have the decency to put up your definition.
2. "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." (Matthew 7:7)
"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)
"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." (Matthew 21:22)
Is this enough proof that God "claims" he will answer all our prayers?
3. The Bible explicitly states that you should be kind to your enemies, however it does not mention just being nice if they are undecided. It just states you should be nice to your enemies period.
Apparently, many people think the evidence I given is false and are lies. However, my proof is directly quoted from the Bible, so are you saying that the Bible is false and lies?
Answer to Dina
I respect your religion and your God. However, this is an Atheist v. Christian debate. So i will not bother making any refutation of rebuttal to your points
And also Dina, you don't have any proof to support ANY of your points. Just like every single person on this page thinking that god is real. And I know that I said I would not refute any of your points, but this really goes for all of you.
Don't say you JUST have to believe in him. Or you just don't understand him. All of these points are not proof or fact or anything really. They do not provide any basis for your argument.
Q: Who do you think created you if not god?
A: You are asking the question wrong. It was not a "who" rather a "what". It has been proven on many accounts with numerous scientific basis and evidence from a multitude of prestigious scientists that the Big Bang did in fact happen. On the other hand, what Christians like the say most "God created you" has 0 proof, and 0 evidence.
- Anonymous7 years agoFavorite Answer
Can't do it.
Just as I couldn't prove to you that leprechauns and pixies are real, and for the exact same reasons...
- Uncle ThesisLv 77 years ago
O.K. here we go .....just for fun:
1. You're definition of omnipotent is incorrect.
2. As long as enemies have a chance to change their stance, work at it. When the final curtain comes down, if they are still enemies .....they have taken a stand, let them pay the consequences.
This view is not out of context except in the mind of persistent criticizers.
3. The Bible does not say God will answer all prayers. Isaiah 1:15
4. Proof of God is in the power of reason. The problem lies in not wanting to accept logic.
I'm sure you disagree.
P.S. Talking snakes is not as weird as you think. Just yesterday, while watching TV,
I saw a guy make a piece of wood talk. The piece of wood was carved into the shape of Howdy Doody. Honestly, it spoke!
- ?Lv 77 years ago
Creation and Conscience.
Your presupposition is faulty from the start. You presume that you have the right to judge God.
1. Since you do not have infinite knowledge, you have no understanding of God's perfect and divine election.
2. Need some verses you refer to in order to provide an apologetic for that comment.
3. God answers prayer in accordance with His perfect divine will, not yours. We live in a sin cursed world because we have all rebelled against God. You assume that God owes you something, that is a false assumption. We all deserve His righteous wrath, not His blessings, yet He chooses to bless us anyway.
4. You reject the proof that is before you: Creation and Conscience.
5. God is supernatural. He creates the laws of physics. The light that was created before the sun was probably supernatural. But since none of us were there to see it, you have no basis to refute it.
6. What inanimate objects come to life in the Bible? You are believing too much information you find from the internet. Atheists believe in whales that walked, that humans are distant cousins to bananas, that chickens came from dinosaurs, and that we are made of star dust. Is not that far more absurd?
- 7 years ago
okay first of all .. you got it all wrong !
let me try to explain the whole idea
although i'm not really an expert but i know enough :)
and i'm not christian :) .. i'm a muslim 17-year-old-girl :)
first who do you think created you ? and who do you think will send you to hell/paradise ?
now jesus is NOTTTT GOD
jesus is a prophet of god .. the prophet of Christianity
he came after the prophet of Judaism
and then lastly came Muhammed .. the prophet of islam ... GOD's messenger !
the last religion is islam .. every religion came to correct the religion that was before it !
GOD sent those prophets
so if you're really looking in holy books .. look into Quran not the bible
but i assume you wouldn't like this so i'm not going to argue about it :D
i believe in all religions cuz they were sent from God
but .. the bible .. it's fabricated .. they changed it so whatever that's in there .. it's not the original bible
not the original words of God
and God is not any of those prophets like they say he's jesus in the bible
jesus is not god .. he's not the son of god .. virgin mary is not god's wife
that is all WRONG
God isn't a father or a song and that's said in Quran if you'de like to check
now it's all said in the Quran about how God already knows what will people do and who's going to hell or heaven
and it's not evil
in Quran everything's explained
God put us on earth as a test to see who's going to choose evil or good !
and depending on our choice .. some will go to hell and some will go to paradise which is a magically amazing plaaaaaaaaaaaace as described in the holy Quran :)
and about God knowing what will choose it's not pure evil .. it's just that he already knows what us humans will choose ..
i mean some people can predict the future .. what do you think God can do ???
he just has the knowledge to know what will happen from then to now til the last day on earth
he's fair .. not evil
and a lot of things that you say are mentioned in the bible is .. WOW .. unbelievable :)
i know you wouldn't read the Quran cuz people thing we're terrorists .. i don't really care as long as we muslims know the truth
that even religious christians don't :)
so ... yeah GOD EXISTS and you better choose the right path and know what is right and what is wrong
depending on the bible .. it made you believe he's not real
if you look in something else you'll find the truth
and in islamic book . Quran (real god words) god says if you wanna ask for anything only ask god and the prayer doesn't always happen , you know ?
like if you;re a good person and do the right things god will make it happen
if you're bad but you asked god's forgiveness .. he'll forgive you right away
and even if your prayer doesn't happen then you should know that it's god's wisdom that he has something better for you
as you say .. "it's for the best"
so you should thank god and believe the best is yet to come
and about treating enemies with kindness in Quran it says the same but not if the enemy attacks your religion then you should protect yourself
and those who don't believe inGod (allah) & Muhammed will go to hell .. it's all said
save your life :) you wouldn't wanna be in hell , would you ?
just search on the internet for everything and then choose what will convince you :)
religions are all about freedom of choicesSource(s): Quran <3
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Anonymous7 years ago
What you say just "proves" Bible is a human-written document with many metaphorical figures, comparisons and literary fantasy...
Some people believe God is not like it is described in the holy books, for some he is the energy of the universe, others think he is the strength of nature, for others he lives in the future... there are different concepts of God
- JimboLv 77 years ago
First of all, every point you made is a lie, particularly in your understanding of the scriptures you try to cite. If God doesn't exist, then why do so many people spend so much time trying to convince people that He doesn't exist? By default you acknowledge that He is. You know the easter bunny doesn't exist but you don't spend all this time trying to prove it because you know it doesn't exist. Now, as for me proving anything to you, that would be a complete and total waste of time and effort. Let's be honest here. You neither want proof nor will accept any proof provided.
- no1home2dayLv 77 years ago
1. This isn't a question, but a challenge!
2. You don't WANT to know if God is real! You have already decided to ignore the evidence presented here in R&S hundreds of times, telling me that
3. You are a hypocrite, posting things that you don't want an answer for, and
4. Your theme song is "Don't confuse me with Truth; my mind's already made up!"
I have answered this more times than I care to count, but here it is again - even though I am certain that you will reject it! (You can prove me wrong by taking the challenge I'm about to present).
So, once again, here is the copy/paste answer:
Jesus said that if you REALLY want to know if His teachings came from God (implying the existence of said God), then "OBEY THESE COMMANDS, and you SHALL know (one way OR the other)" (Referring to the Sermon on the Mount, beginning in the 5th chapter of the gospel according to Matthew)
These words don't prove that these words are true; all they do is expose you for the hypocrite you really are, because you really don't WANT Truth! You're afraid to even take His challenge!
This is an objective "litmus" test that Jesus gave, and He said nothing at all about having faith or believing. If you really want to know if Jesus really IS the Son of God (the God who is there), (er – DO you really want to know?) then read and obey the Sermon on the Mount.
If Jesus never existed, then nothing will happen. Are you absolutely certain that God is not there? Then take the challenge - if you dare!
If Jesus was a liar, then nothing will happen. Are you absolutely certain that Jesus was NOT the Son of God as He claimed? Then take the challenge - if you dare!
If Jesus was a lunatic, then nothing will happen. Again, prove what you claim (that Jesus was not who He claimed to be) is true, by taking the challenge Jesus gave - IF YOU DARE!
If the Bible is nothing more than the writings of some crazy bronze-aged, goat-herding cave men as the atheist mockers keep insisting, then nothing at all will happen. That's the claim of the atheists here in R & S, but they refuse to PROVE that they really believe this! They don't really believe what they claim to believe! If you believe what you CLAIM to believe, then PROVE it and take His challenge - IF . YOU . DARE !
In other words, put up or shut up! Actions speak louder than words, so put your money where your mouth is!
For anyone who flat out rejects this test, I have to remind them of some other words Jesus said. Jesus said that the reason people reject God is “because they are evil (their deeds are evil), and they love darkness (i.e. they love their sins and immorality), and they hate the light (i.e. they hate Truth)!” I can only conclude that they are in an ever increasing line of hypocrites who talk a good talk, but don't really mean a thing they say, and that the only reason they don't believe in God is because they don't WANT to believe in God, and for no other reason; their mind is set in concrete, and their theme song is "Don't confuse me with Truth; my mind's already made up!"
In his famous book “Mere Christianity”, C. S. Lewis makes the following observation: "A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic - on the level with a man who says he is a poached egg - or he would be the devil of hell. You must take your choice. Either this was, and is, the Son of God, or else a mad man or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us."
- torpex2002Lv 77 years ago
had to respond.
"If God doesn't exist, then why do so many people spend so much time trying to convince people that He doesn't exist?"
Because of all the people that believe in a god, surely some of them are interested in the truth?
Or are you suggesting they aren't?
- 5 years ago
Who the **** is God anyway? Allah? Buddah? Jehovah? Yahweh? Jesus? Come on God make up your ******* mind as a ******* God indeed you are.
What is the right book as the word of God? Mormon? Bible? Quran? Torah? Stone Tablets? Playboy? **** you God, you re so ******* indecisive.
Where is the house of God? Human Body? Church? Temple? Mosque? Jerusalem? Becca? Zion? Heaven? **** me already God, may be the TOILET for such a Holy **** you are.
- halfadozen1984Lv 67 years ago
No matter what I say you will not accept the proof I give you. You will continue down this path until death or you accept the fact there are things in life that have no explanation. And until that time you won't be able to see the truth.Source(s): hd
- Anonymous7 years ago
This doesn't prove that god isn't real, it proves that the bible is contradictory and poorly written. God's existence can only be PROVEN, it's impossible to be disproven.