How am I a creep? How do I stop being "creepy"?? (Preferably Women Answer)?

I am a 17 year old male and have been called a creep consistently for years now. I absolutely HATE getting called a creep.

When I think of a creep, I think of a psychopathic pedophile rapist with a mustache and large thick 90s glasses. A creep for me is a child molester, rapist, or necrophiliac. I am none of those. My family members have been molested when they were younger which caused them much turmoil. I hate child molesters and rapists and would kill them all with the push of a button.

Why am I called a creep though? This word is tossed around like nothing. I want to increase my social skills so that one day I will be a great conversationalist and "creepy" will never cross anybody's mind.

What makes someone creepy? What makes someone the complete opposite of creepy? Please list some specific traits and behaviors of a creepy guy compared to a non-creepy guy. I really want to stop being "creepy" and start being polarizing and a social magnet.

Update:

This is what I think of when I think of creepy http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/wp-content/upload...

10 minutes ago

I don't stalk. I'm a genuinely good guy. I'm the type of guy that parents tend to fall in love with but girls my age tend to think I'm creepy. I have a vulgar, sarcastic, dry sense of humor. Is that the reason why??

5 minutes ago

Also, I can be pretty socially awkward since I tend to run out of things to say in conversations and don't know what to do when those pauses happen

Update 2:

This is what I think of when I think of creepy http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/wp-content/upload...

10 minutes ago

I don't stalk. I'm a genuinely good guy. I'm the type of guy that parents tend to fall in love with but girls my age tend to think I'm creepy. I have a vulgar, sarcastic, dry sense of humor. Is that the reason why??

5 minutes ago

Also, I can be pretty socially awkward since I tend to run out of things to say in conversations and don't know what to do when those pauses happen

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favourite answer

Creep and Creepy are different words in my opinion. A creep is a jerk.....though maybe a bit of a weird jerk sometimes. Creepy is more like scary or freaky......like the things you listed.

Maybe people call you a creep because you are a jerk.

Maybe you say things that insult people without thinking.

• ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

The key might be in the word "vulgar". For me creepy would be someone who comes across as lewd and might make jokes or remarks that are sexually charged. I don't know you and I don't know if that is what you mean when describing your sense of humour. But it might be a point to consider.

• 8 years ago

maybe keep a clean face and shaved and hair trimmed

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.