Cat wont stop meowing to go outside?

Hey, So I have a 3 years old male cat. Until recently ( that is 5 days ago) he was strictly indoor cat. But then I thought it would be nice to let him out. I got a leash and he was really ok with it, so we went out.He was great, walked with my like a little dog and I was so happy. But since then he wont stop... show more Hey,
So I have a 3 years old male cat. Until recently ( that is 5 days ago) he was strictly indoor cat. But then I thought it would be nice to let him out. I got a leash and he was really ok with it, so we went out.He was great, walked with my like a little dog and I was so happy. But since then he wont stop meowing to go out, its constant, morning, night, any time of the day or night he is standing next to the door and screaming to go out. It got to the point where we cant sleep, he eats little, sleeps little and all he wants to do is go out. I cant let him go alone nor can I go out with him as much as he wants. I tried moving him from the door and playing with him , it doesn't work, he just goes back to the door and continued meowing.
We live on a 4th floor in a apartment , so making cat door is useless and I am really not interested in letting him go outside alone. So how can I fix this mess I made? Just ignore him? How long will that last? I haven't had a good night sleep in days and I am really worried about him since he is tired and hungry for sure.
He is fixed btw, ages ago, so its just that he likes outdoors...