Would it he wrong to tell someone you like them before you leave the country?

Ok, so first of all I'm not 100% sure if I'm leaving the country or not and If I do it'll probably be in about half a yr. I'm 16 (boy) and like this other boy. Ever since I've met him he just stuck on my mind. We're not really friends, but our friend groups often get together at recess. I think he might be gay because he once said something that suggested it and I asked him and he said yes, but it could have been in a "sarcastic" or "humourous" way, but I don't know... Oh I don't know. The great part is if I do.tell him and it's a no, for any reason, I'm leaving the country anyway. But also, if it's a yes and I leave the country, it might be a little stupid. We probably wouldn't cross paths again, unless I move back here (legally, not a prob) plus people here are more "open-minded" on the gay subject than people in the other country I want to move to. But it's not like there aren't boys over there plus I'm bi. And yeah long distance relationships DON'T WORK... He's seriously the definition of PERFECT. I don't know, it might be a good experience to have, you know, to tell someone you like them. I have never had a gf/bf or told anyone I liked them... So what would you do? Any personal experiences? Thank you!!

• Grant
    Favorite Answer

I wouldn't tell him. Either you end up creeping him out or he likes you too, but you're leaving. There's no good to either of those scenarios. He's conflicted and sad no matter what.

As badly as it will hurt both of you if he feels the same way- I think you should tell him. We regret more what we won't do than the things we actually do. Telling him could answer your question on his feelings, and maybe any questions he has. It sounds like you're absolutely crazy over him and I doubt you'll move on anytime soon. It'd be better to find out now then wondering "forever."

My boyfriend and I have a long distance relationship because he moved. Before he moved he told me how he felt and I felt the same way. I had been wondering though if he really liked me or if it was nothing more than innocent flirting. He told me the truth and even though I knew he was leaving soon, I decided to give it a chance because of how strongly I felt.

Maybe you'll end up doing that(?)

Source(s): Experience

Well like you said, you don't have much to lose. If he doesn't return your feelings, well yeah, rejection hurts for a second but it's also a learning experience! And if he does return your feelings, well then you can have fun for the next six months before you leave (if you do). :P

if i wear in your shoes i said that