I'm interested in this guy?

My ex and I are still close friends (he broke up with me, we both understand that our relationship is over and have moved on) and I'm going to visit him in a couple of weeks. I kind of want to meet his friends because they seem really smart and nice, but I don't want to seem weird about it (we go to... show more My ex and I are still close friends (he broke up with me, we both understand that our relationship is over and have moved on) and I'm going to visit him in a couple of weeks. I kind of want to meet his friends because they seem really smart and nice, but I don't want to seem weird about it (we go to different colleges). My friend recently got a Facebook so he's been adding a lot of people, and one of his friends (they're not close friends) at his college seems really cute and nice in a nerdy sort of way (which I like :p) and it says he's single. I've been looking for a nice, quiet guy who's mature. This guy is a senior (I'm a sophomore) and seems really cool, he also has a link to his blog and I really like the way he writes, like he totally seems like someone I would click with in person. But I feel like in this situation it might be weird if I meet him through my friend? For some reason I have it stuck in my head that he would be a good guy to date :P Any ideas on what I could do in this situation or how to meet a similar guy? I'm pretty shy and feel like my own college doesn't have the type of guys I am looking for (most of them are taken or gay anyways).
2 answers 2