Wrong degree- life ruined at 18?

Since I was young I've wanted to be an Astronomer, however I was pushed into doing "soft" A-levels and am now doing an Ancient History and Archaeology degree because it is the only other thing I am interested in (and I'm good at it lol). To me there is nothing better I could do with my life than... show more Since I was young I've wanted to be an Astronomer, however I was pushed into doing "soft" A-levels and am now doing an Ancient History and Archaeology degree because it is the only other thing I am interested in (and I'm good at it lol). To me there is nothing better I could do with my life than helping humanity expand their knowledge. Unfortunately this belief makes me feel like I have failed, everything else to me is pointless. I was good at Physics (GCSE A) and maths (though I only got a C due to only being entered for the foundation paper even though I got higher sats scores than many others), My boyfriend does those at A-level and when he teaches me things I easily keep up and have been ably to answer large parts of his A2 papers. I took awful A-levels but I'm glad I got ABB from them when I was predicted all D's. If I could re-do A-level I would do physics, maths and... I'm not sure Fmaths maybe :P I'm not too sure what I'm asking here. I can't afford to drop out and do A-levels again, If I changed my degree I would have to do a foundation year and would not be able to get funding for all those years never mind the masters and so on needed to become an Astronomer. ELQ's mean I can't take a second degree. Is there any hope? or have a ruined my life at 18? Everyone says "how are you supposed to know what you want to do at 18" but I say it's 16 because thats when I made the wrong decisions and stupidly let my teachers push me in the wrong direction. I love archaeology it's great and I enjoy it but I am constantly reminded it is useless to humanity. Astrology is a dream I can never fulfil, I don't care to live anymore. Thanks for reading, I feel better after a rant.
2 answers 2