Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

Which Philosophy virtue should I pick?

What virtue do you think would be the easiest to use for this essay for my homework? I'm not doing too well in this class. Also any tips on how to write the essay?

The assignment is to pick a specific virtue, define it and indicate how it benefits the person who possesses that trait. Think about Aristotle's general idea that virtues are "excellences" that enable us to lead flourishing lives and are those traits that make those who possess them good. (You might also think of MacIntyre's example of the cheating child chess player, who only desires to get the candy -- how does he cheat himself and why? What might that indicate about how/why the virtues are beneficial.) Write in your own words and think of an example to illustrate your point.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favourite answer

Virtue is about religion, like it's opposite, sinsanity!

You might find some assistance on the religion site.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Paul
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Loyalty would be reasonably easy ,as long as you began from the standpoint of "To thine own self be true "[shakespeare] then worked through as many Other values as you think you would need to be loyal to for you to flourish ending with the point that even loyalty has limits lest it go to far

• 4 years ago

Islam (Mohamed [570-632 a.D.] -The five Pillars of Islam it's presently most important to world peace to realise Islamic belief. There's to much fear of the unknown in western tradition. Don't worry a lot, they suppose in Jesus and Buddha to.

• 7 years ago

Why does everyone always refer to Aristotle, and these other Greek philosophers?

They are not gods, who should believe that everything they said, wrote or thought was divinely correct? I mean, shouldn't everyone just spend their own time philosophizing and coming to their own high-thinking opinion about life?

Source(s): Just don't worship him, and eventually peel off from what he has to say
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • JOHN
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

None. Virtue can hurt you!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.