What would you do if you were me?

I have a boyfriend, I do love and care about him a lot, but his past bothers me and it's threatening our relationship. 2 years ago (shortly after we broke up) he slept with his mom's 25 year old friend at 17. She's a druggie and alcoholic with 4 kids and lives off the government. Around this time, he... show more I have a boyfriend, I do love and care about him a lot, but his past bothers me and it's threatening our relationship. 2 years ago (shortly after we broke up) he slept with his mom's 25 year old friend at 17. She's a druggie and alcoholic with 4 kids and lives off the government. Around this time, he was also trying to sleep with an ex and he made out with a 13 year old in her bedroom, he would have slept with her if his friend hadn't been there (he doesn't know I know these things).

I took him back thinking I could get over it but I'm having a hard time. He's acted like a jerk in the past to me and he's said he knows he can be a jerk. I've seen improvement in him in the past 7 months, he seems like he's trying harder and he's more serious, and now he's bringing up marriage . I'm stuck and have no idea what to do. What would you do in this situation?