Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 7 years ago

What would you do if you were me?

I have a boyfriend, I do love and care about him a lot, but his past bothers me and it's threatening our relationship. 2 years ago (shortly after we broke up) he slept with his mom's 25 year old friend at 17. She's a druggie and alcoholic with 4 kids and lives off the government. Around this time, he was also trying to sleep with an ex and he made out with a 13 year old in her bedroom, he would have slept with her if his friend hadn't been there (he doesn't know I know these things).

I took him back thinking I could get over it but I'm having a hard time. He's acted like a jerk in the past to me and he's said he knows he can be a jerk. I've seen improvement in him in the past 7 months, he seems like he's trying harder and he's more serious, and now he's bringing up marriage . I'm stuck and have no idea what to do. What would you do in this situation?

You're right, that's completely weird. Well, I guess I would ask for some space. Obviously your relationship is at a weird tempo. You know things about your bf that he hasn't told you. Or are you maybe more bothered by the fact that he didn't tell you about it? I don't know, I would take my time and think about it. And I started missing him, I would go back try it again with him.

Honestly, it sounds like although he's "improving" he's still not quite there yet. Maybe he himself also needs "time alone" to finish that before he starts thinking about marriage.

Anyway, best of luck! Smile!

I, personally, would not get my relationship/marriage advice from Yahoo Answers.

But, if I were in your place, I would take a serious look at how he's been acting in the past few months. If he truly has improved, then maybe you'll be fine.

Overall, if you can't get over his past, you need to dump him and move on. Otherwise you'll regret it in no time at all.

• Chris

Don't get married. Live together for at least 5 years.....you survive that then you should be ok.

Just keep in mind that you will never be able to change him. If you want to marry him you need to accept him for everything he is (the good and the bad).

say u can not marry him and fake u had something important to do