What should i do if landlord is doing major plumbing work in my house?

There was one leak & now she wants to do the whole house so she doesn't have to worry about it.. but im living there I don't want people coming in & out of my house for 2 weeks, also I can't cook cause my kitchen its a mess there's a whole wall taking down.. also from the leak my house stinks like mold.. I need help in what should I do cause I have to pay rent on the 1st of next month should I pay rent or not ? Should I be living in my house while she's doing this? I need some good answers please let me no & thank you for you answers :)

• Jeff D

If parts of your apartment (e.g., kitchen) will be unusable for more than a couple of days, I'd ask for a reduction in rent for that month.

You are getting new, fresh pipes. be quiet and stay out of their way and let them work! Offer them sandwiches, go to the store and get them some lemonade,.... do anything you can to make their work there more tolerable. This is not your house. You rent the thing. You are getting something; try being somewhat grateful, huh?

Source(s): Experienced with obnoxious tenants. HVAC tech

Consult a local Real Estate Attorney to be sure, but I think you can require the landlord to provide you somewhere else to live during this type of maintenance.

• Moe

what i like to see when i work in peoples homes , is for the woman of the house walk around with skimpy clothing and be very friendly..but thats just me ..