is 13 too young to start commpetitve swimming , because i really want to be in the olympics, is it too late!?!?

Plus i need help on flip turns,how long should it take you to lean how to do one?

I know this sounds weird but you are starting to get too old if you want to be in the Olympics. However this is not such an important factor as you ae still young enough that they may accept you, get into a competitive swimming club and try your hardest.

On the contrary, if your goal is the Olympics, you're actually starting quite late. Most Olympic caliber swimmers will have been swimming competitively by age 7 or so.

I agree..13 is not too young to start competitve swimming, you can always try. but if you have to practice ALOT and train really hard. I have been doing competitive swimming for more than 10 years, and I'm no where near olympic level. But, if you believe in yourself, and train really hard, who knows what might happen :)

It's never too late to start swimming, but if your goal is indeed the Olympics you are going to have to outwork everyone else! Best of luck!

You should have been well into it by now!

Join a swimming club. They will give you advice and help.