Indecisive about my future.?

You've all been asked this question sometime in your life. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" The time has come when dreams meet reality, and this question has become more of a serious one. My teachers' and parents expectations, as well as my own gut feelings have come to mix together in a... show more You've all been asked this question sometime in your life. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" The time has come when dreams meet reality, and this question has become more of a serious one. My teachers' and parents expectations, as well as my own gut feelings have come to mix together in a blend of anxiety and stress. I am still currently in school, and a career is something I have a few years to think about, but a path must be constructed for myself in order to get there, which is something I haven't been able to do.

Some people say I have to follow my dreams, and that will ultimately bring happiness to you. Honestly, my dream job in life is to become a professional freestyle skier. Skiing gives me an unparalleled thrill, that rush of cold air and adrenaline is so addicting, and I long for it all year long. I'd say I'm decent at it, though tricks and contests are things I haven't started with yet. This type of occupation has a rare chance of ever happening, and my parents have rejected it when I've brought it up at a dinner table discussion.

Then there's the expectation of me becoming a famous scientist, doctor, or lawyer. Someone who makes seven digit incomes, and is truly happy because of their income. My parents say happiness will come with money, and when you're rich, you can enjoy life to the fullest because money will allow you to. Somewhat, this is more realistic than my "skiing fanatic" dream that I fantasize about. As of now, I have to make up my mind.

Some interests I have are with computer engineering, medicine, sciences, and literature. Occupations for these are vast, and some seem extremely boring or meaningless to me, but this is real life. Computer sciences seems like something I'd like to do. However, income levels aren't that high, and it would be something I "wouldn't mind" going to. I took a career test a few months back, and it told me I would be good as a garbage man or traffic worker. I ripped it, then burned it.

Anyway, from what you've read here, can you suggest some things that I could potentially do later in life so I can be happy, do the things I love, and have an income I'd be satisfied with? Thank you so much if you answer, and I'll provide additional info if you need it.