Is heaven the ultimate goal in Christianity?

If there was no heaven at all, if there was only hell, then what would be the motivation in living a Christ-like life? If there was no heaven and one's consciousness simply vanished after death, than why would Christians want to be Christian?

Christians have faith that there is a heaven. If there was no heaven, then why go through the trouble of resisting the natural urges to lie, cheat, fornicate, and cuss?

Sure Christians believe in having a relationship with God, but if that didn't grant them heaven, would Christians really seek a relationship with God still? It wouldn't be worth doing what God wants everyone to do if everyone went straight to hell regardless of anything. Thus, entry into heaven is THE ultimate goal in Christianity, nothing more. Right?

• Pamela

God gives us help in this life and hope for the next. Because I know Him I have peace and favor now. I have strength and assurance- guidance and power. I also have His love and forgiveness. Belief in God is not only for heaven but for His presence now as well.

Heaven shouldn't be the ultimate goal for Christians. Becoming like Christ and with Christ for eternity should be the goal.

I don't believe that having a relationship with my wife gets me anything more, but I still strive to improve it. Do you have loved ones that you love for no other ulterior motive? Why?

FYI, hell is not what you think it is.

www.helltruth.com

Source(s): Seventh-day Adventist Christian
  • Ruth

You sure went to a lot of bother . Of course it is the ultimate goal. Is hell your ultimate goal?

I would like to think it is. [[[As above so below.]]]] Just not waiting for death to come and swallow you up in the hope of Nirvana. As above so below, states it is here now! Thus create it, dont wait!