Can my husband legally co-sign his daughter's new home loan without me, his wife?

My husband and I agreed to co-sign his daughter's home loan as a way to help her and show family unity. As my husband applied for the home loan, as her co-signer, inadvertently, the lender processed the loan application with him only as the co-signer. He noticed the error when the pest inspection came back... show more My husband and I agreed to co-sign his daughter's home loan as a way to help her and show family unity. As my husband applied for the home loan, as her co-signer, inadvertently, the lender processed the loan application with him only as the co-signer. He noticed the error when the pest inspection came back with only his and his daughter's name on the paperwork. He advised her real estate agent that the co-signers are supposed be him and me, but the real estate agent says we don't have time to reapply for the loan. I am perfectly aware that if I don't sign on the loan that if anything goes awry with her payments and we take over the property I have no right to it, I am unhappy about this but feel like causing a big ruckus will not be in the best interest of her purchase or the family unity. Is this legal? Can the loan progress if he is married and I am not included in the signing of the papers? What if they sign the papers and it's not technically legal? What does it mean if he signs them without me? --- I live in California. Thank you for the help.
Update: I believe in California you cannot borrow money even for a car legally without your spouse. I believe it is a law. Is my belief correct?