Can Revolution cause hair loss in cats?

When we took a stray cat in for a neuter two weeks ago, the vet said he was infested with fleas. They gave him a rectal pill as well as a dose of Revolution. Since then, he appears to be losing little tiny tufts of fur all over his body. It's just a small amount of tufted fur that sticks out of his normal... show more When we took a stray cat in for a neuter two weeks ago, the vet said he was infested with fleas. They gave him a rectal pill as well as a dose of Revolution.

Since then, he appears to be losing little tiny tufts of fur all over his body. It's just a small amount of tufted fur that sticks out of his normal coat, and I can pull them out (or they fall out on their own). I've read that Revolution has been known to case bald spots, patchiness, etc, but this isn't the case with our stray. I wondered if anyone has heard anything similar about cats losing little fur tufts as being a side effect of Revolution?
Update: Edit: the stray is 100% outdoors. It is not normal shedding; it is literally small tufts of fur all over his body that are coming loose.