Install Ceiling Fan without Regulator?

Hi. I would like to install a new ceiling fan. However, I do know ceiling fans do have speed controllers. Some fans uses remote controller, some used chain method, others are with regulators. I planned to install my new ceiling fan without any of those controllers. I do read somewhere a regulator helps to... show more Hi.

I would like to install a new ceiling fan.

However, I do know ceiling fans do have speed controllers. Some fans uses remote controller, some used chain method, others are with regulators.

I planned to install my new ceiling fan without any of those controllers. I do read somewhere a regulator helps to adjust the speed, but this fan is there solely to be switched on and off, where once on it will go on the fullest speed as from prior experience, I hardly switched any of the ceiling fans below its maximum speed due to the heat here in my country.

I would like to know, is it safe to install a ceiling fan directly to a powerline without using any form of regulators?

Thank you.