Atheists have you considered that "absence of evidence of God is not an evidence of absence of God"?

And please comrades, let us be idealistic rather than skeptical, I am sure that "Flying Spaghetti Monsters" manifest no essential principal behind the reason of worshiping them. Just give me opinions.

If that is your opinion Desus Ex, then why does the human being strive to develop and investigate the nature surrounding him.

OO, why so angry? Mommy treated you bad when you were a baby? So you propose the more than four billion people have low IQ and you are the only enlightened one? Hello Buddha!

Yes, true true you can add the name Zeus too, but let me ask crony, Do you believe that Zeus possesses the ideologies that will make one worship him, because in essence the whole idea of God is not only spiritual, in fact every kind of spiritual aspect contains science and human logic but in a more metaphorical pattern.

The only way I would understand that Thor does NOT exist, ahaha this is getting funny, is that, the whole idea of "Thor" does NOT contain any principal that might guide me into a better dimension of life. Religion itself does so as it gives you the essential path of human nature that can make you a better being.

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

"absence of evidence of Zeus is not an evidence of absence of Zeus"

See how this works?

"If that is your opinion Desus Ex, then why does the human being strive to develop and investigate the nature surrounding him."

Response: You mean studying the world/universe through the physical sciences right? Then why does the church feel the need to censor science? And why do some people feel they must deny scientific facts?

"So you propose the more than four billion people have low IQ and you are the only enlightened one? "

Response: Hardly. But an argument from popularity is the weakest of all. There was a time when everyone on the planet thought the earth was flat. There was a time when people thought slavery was a god given right, that interracial marriage should be illegal..They were wrong.

When you realize why you dismiss Zeus and any other deity(ies), you'll understand, but only then.

Fear and ignorance creates all gods. There is nothing supernatural about the universe at all. Religions are man made, just like all gods are. Try not to be angry, but if you feel the need for "father figure" deity, try and pick one that isn't vengeful or angry or advocates killing of any kind. I think you'd be better off.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

If there's absence of evidence, then why go any further than that with it, unless one 'has a dog in the race' as they say, and you have to have it this or that way less you loose your advantage or the comfort zone of ideas that you were raised to believe in for one reason or another.

I try to keep an open mind with these things. There may be a god, but why assume that there is one? You have to give good reasons for the idea if you really want people to humor it.

Well yes, but then again, "that which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

Edit- If I told you that Thor exists and I didn't give you any evidence to support that claim, wouldn't you be justified in your disbelief?

Edit- Norse Pagans would disagree with you. Those who follow the Asatru religion believe that their religion does guide them to a "better dimension of life". Obviously they believe that the belief in Thor has some merit.

Edit- But we aren't talking about whether or not a particular belief has beneficial principles that one can live by. We are talking about the existence of a god, more specifically your god.

Depending on the time of the year, i would agree that there in general is a flea on the quad, but i might say it is silly to claim there may be obviously a flea on the quad unless you could have noticeable a flea there. The obstacle with that analogy is that I've seen fleas in a number of areas, most commonly on dogs, so there is evidence that fleas exist someplace. There's no evidence that God exists at any place.

I disagree. Absence of evidence (especially when we're talking about something that's supposed to be so omnipresent and all-encompassing) absolutely IS evidence of absence.

When a religion can present compelling, independently-verifiable evidence or even a rational, logical argument to support its claims, I'll take it seriously. Otherwise, it deserves no respect or consideration as anything other than primitive absurdity.

• Shrubs

The first thing they try to do to hide their fear is come up with something like "there's not evidence that Zeus doesn't exist". Yet they do not realize that we do not deny his existence. We accept the existence of the ultimate God, Jesus. For all I know, there may be other gods. But I only worship one - Jesus.

The utter dearth of evidence is evidence enough for me.

Your insanity/insecurlty/low IQ do not necessitate the existence of a magical sky daddy.

I have and maybe I am wrong, maybe when I die there will be a god, and just as you choose to believe in god, I choose not too.

Source(s): My sixteen year old brain

yes ...but the absent of god kinda point in that direction ..so they look for evidence of evidence of god ..which is also absent ...ergo ...it answers the absent of god

• Mark

I'm guessing they have.

ps You're talking about agnosticism ("maybe there's a god and maybe there isn't; I have no way to tell").