Christians How do you think God would judge me if I teach evolution in class but believe in creation?

If you follow my questions my question are thought provoking and sometime funny. A few I crossed the line for which i apologize

I am bible believing christian who is a biology teacher. I believe in creation and the power of God

Is it wrong to still teach evoultion if you don't believe it to keep my job

I know but i have to support my family

God doesn't give a flying **** about it.

Believe me.

• Dani

Well, I've read about "good work". Which I thought meant you need to work hard for what you earn. If you are doing that, than God favors you. Being a teacher is hard work in my opinion. As far as not believing in what you teach, I'm not sure how God would judge you. I think you should ask him, he's very good at pointing people in the right direction.

Sorry, while you may be a good teacher, you really do not understand the subject that you are teaching (this is very common and one of the distinguishing features between good teachers and great teachers).

If you are trying to teach a science class from the perspective of belief, you are doing your students a disservice and basically rising to the mediocrity that we expect from most schools in the US.

In a nation with no state-mandated religion your personal beliefs are your business, unless you act in such a way as to cause harm to another.

That being said, though, here's what Jesus had to say about hypocrisy: "Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You are like whitewashed sepulchers, all gleaming and white without but filled with all manner of filth and corruption within."

Think about it and decide for yourself. Ours is not judge you, but to pray for you. You got mine. That's a bit of devil and deep, blue sea, there, old son.

He wouldn't give you many brownie points for teaching creationism.

God has no problems with the truth regarding his creation, even if you do.

• Alex

You signed a contract with your school district to teach the curriculum they established. That's a legal agreement. You don't have to agree with everything you teach, but you do have to teach their curriculum. If it's a crisis of conscience for you, get a job at a private Christian school.

• ?

In an ideal society it would be nice if you could give equal time to both without being reprimanded.

As a Christian myself I don't believe you will call down any condemnation upon yourself because you taught something from the textbook.

You are an Educator who is paid by a municipality to teach children. That is your job. As Christians we are called to be servants and to be obedient to our masters (bosses) unless they are asking us to do something contrary to the word of God.

Jesus said in Matthew 22:20 And he said unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21They said unto him, Caesar's. Then said he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

First I would be honest with my students in an effort to not be considered a hypocrite. I would tell them that evolution is a theory of how life on this planet came into existence. You personally do not agree with all that is in the text, but it is required as part of the curriculum and you must do your job.

By doing this, you are being honest and faithful to your students. You are honoring God by being respectful to the authority over you and you are not compromising your values or your love for God. You are also not blaspheming God or His word as you are not teaching that God's word is false.

Jesus taught us that we must love everyone even our enemies and the enemies of God. We were all there at one time or another. I believe we should behave in this world as Jesus instructed in Matthew 10:16 "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

I respect you brother for your concern and desire to do the right thing in the eyes of God. As disciples we are to lead others to Christ. Grow where you are planted and sow the seed of God's love right where you are. You have an awesome ministry opportunity at your disposal.

God Bless and keep the faith.

just remember accpet Jesus Christ as Lord ands Savior and you are saved! Idk how God will judge you but what matters is that you even if evolutionh does exist, its all Gods work and God is the creator of all things! when you teach evolution you can tell your students you dont believe in it but thats what scientist believe and that you have to teach it and they can make their decisions!

Well what do you think? Would you say something false if you are on God's side? You can't have 2 masters. With all due respect.

Jesus wouldn't like that. His "genealogy" goes back to Adam and Eve in Luke.

everyone should know about the idiocy of people who call evolution "Evolutionism"