Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 8 years ago

How many excuses will the premfaces have left when not a single team gets to the QFS?

Arsenal - Bayern

Real Madrid - Man Utd

BQ- How easily would stoke win the UCL

Just accept it, its a pub league

- jordi came up with it actually, it means prem fanboy, you know people with no critical thinking skills or objectivity. Mainly people who have never watched another league and say the prem is best because they want it to be.

... and in the 1950's. The prem being the best league up untill 2008-10 has nothing to do with how good it is today, don't bring up chelski they were lucky to beat benfica never mind win the thing.

@Tallen, firstly i'm english, i support liverpool, maybe i am probably overly hostile towards the league ("Pub league" Might be going a bit too far) but i have no reason to hate it "just because".

For me La liga is the best right now, it has the two strongest teams on the planet, fantastic technical football, and a very strong (despite the ignorance) and competitive "bottom 18" i'm not denying it has problems, financial issues and empty stadia for example.

The Bundesliga and serie a are also far stronger and better leagues, and despite it being a lot weaker the fantastic attacking football and 5 team title race also makes the eredivisie better imo.

The EPL = two horse race, technically poor, atmosphere isn't up to the likes of germany, and very VERY weak teams man city are the only ones who make the top 10 in world football and for whatever reason they can't perform on the pitch when it matters.

btw- thinking one (better) side will run away with a tie has nothing to do with being subjective.

Scotty - you're an idiot. And I guarantee I've watched more continental football than you.

As for the question - the clueless muppets will just repeat their misinformed shi te about how La Liga has awful teams who can't defend. English teams have been struggling in the CL for a few years now (and every season they say it's just a blip, even though they struggled the season before that too), and my and others assertion that Chelsea fluked last season's CL (gifting teams chances and penalties only for them to miss is not 'good defending', good defending limits chances at source) has only been reinforced by their early elimination this season.

"don't bring up chelski they were lucky to beat benfica never mind win the thing." And Napoli. Benfica actually had a fantastic opportunity right at the end of the second leg where their striker would have had a one-on-one from 10 yards had their other player spotted him (it wasn't even a difficult pass to see). Plus Terry should have conceded a penalty in Estadio da Luz when his arms were stretched out and he handled the ball. Chelsea fluked it last season and anyone who says otherwise is a fu ck ing clown.

And all three English teams won finals they should have lost (same with United in 1999 if we go back that far, granted 2008 was an all-English affair). They generally lose CL Finals against foreign opposition.

"being a lot weaker the fantastic attacking football and 5 team title race also makes the eredivisie better imo"

Hahaha yeah, makes me laugh when PL fans say it's more competitive than La Liga (it isn't) so that makes it better. By that thinking the Dutch league must be better than PL as you say. It shows a lack of logic skills on their part.

"For me La liga is the best right now, it has the two strongest teams on the planet, fantastic technical football, and a very strong (despite the ignorance) and competitive "bottom 18" i'm not denying it has problems, financial issues and empty stadia for example. "

Exactly. That's the problem with idiot PL fans - they don't seem to realise that Barca and Real (until Atletico this season) are simply so good that it makes the other teams look weaker than they are. The reason third is generally so far away from those two is because the other 18 are very competitive with each other and nobody can put an amazing run together to keep up with the top two. But try explaining that to the idiot Premfaces.

EDIT: I love Scotty's claim that he must have seen more foreign football than others because he has lived abroad. Idiot.

• ?

Well personally I can't say I'd have a complaint or make an excuse IF Manchester United or Arsenal get knocked out as they're against two of probably the top 3/4 sides in Europe at the moment. It's strange, you talk of objectivity then speak of WHEN the English teams will be knocked out, despite the fact their opponents are favourites it is far from a predetermined certainty, clearly you are a flag bearer for this objectivity you speak of. Likewise Liga-louts are just as despicable as their Premface counterparts.

It's a Pub League? It's the 2nd best performing League in Europe over the last 5 years and 3rd best performing in Europe this year. Are you trying to say all but the Spanish League are pub leagues?

• Scotty

You're an absolute tool.

Premfaces? That's hilarious, I bet you're the funny guy in the office ain't ya

Edit:

In the last 10 years, only 1 Spanish team has won it, Barcelona

1 Portugese team

2 Italian teams

And leading the pack, 3 English teams

Edit: Not to engage in a pissing war, but considering I lived in Germany for 5 years and Turkey for 2, I've watched a lot more continental football than most kid.

Edit: I'm speaking in facts, Settle down and stop embarrassing yourself.