?
? asked in SportsBoxing · 8 years ago

Should Freddy Roach have been fired a while back?

right after the bradley fight, i suggested that many fire roach because it just didn't seem like he was learning any longer, and i thought he should bring in some "new blood". i was literally threatened on the internet by some pacquiao fans! manny seemed to get worse with each fight with juan manuel marquez and a change should have taken place. some relationships just run their course.

I gambled on that fight. With Marquez' size, anger, and skill vs Pacquiao's apathy towards training and the sport I predicted a KO victory for Marquez. Everybody laughed at me for predicting this. I am going to take my money tomorrow and go buy something expensive and stupid, lol.

• According to Amir Khan, Yes.

Before the knockout it looked like Roach/Pacquiao had a good game plan with the head movement, but in the end Marquez just wasn't to be denied.

It's time for Pacquiao & Roach to hang it up.

I don't think it's Roach's fault.

Pacquiao is just not concentrated as before. He is doing politics, hosting TV shows, acting, singing etc..top athletes don't do those thing at the same time, Manny is just not focused enough to stay on top.

Unfortunately for him, this looks like a devastating blow he may never recover from, like Hatton's fate that Manny dealt him.

• CaJuaL

Nah , It's Pacquiao . His just not into boxing no more.

Lol, but that knockdown looked out of character it looked fix ,

The pacquaio we know would tooken that counter lol and not get knocked out

JMM is just hungrier than pAC

• David

No one is to blame. It's boxing, things happen.