Is there anyway I can use a ceiling fan remote control without installing something in the ceiling unit?

My chain on my ceiling fan broke off. Is there anyway I can get a ceiling fan remote control to use without having someone to tamper with wiring and not have to install something in the ceiling unit?

Favorite Answer

No and it won't do any good to tamper with the wiring.You can have a new chain installed.

Only if you can install a remote control unit in the wiring going to the fan.

• rowen

ceiling to distant pink or black - pink AC in L white - pink AC in N distant to fan black - motor L white - motor N blue - blue all vegetables mutually you would be wanting too flow away the wall activate all of the time and administration with the distant use a twine nut on the circuit you don't hire interior the ceiling and then wrap it some situations with electric powered tape

No, the ceiling fan you have now has nothing to receive a remote's signal.

• they now have units that get installed where the light switch is and then you just use the remote to control the fan/light

• mark

Can't you just get a new chain and install it. I've done that with lamps without issue.