Is there anyway I can use a ceiling fan remote control without installing something in the ceiling unit?

My chain on my ceiling fan broke off. Is there anyway I can get a ceiling fan remote control to use without having someone to tamper with wiring and not have to install something in the ceiling unit?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No and it won't do any good to tamper with the wiring.You can have a new chain installed.

• 7 years ago

Only if you can install a remote control unit in the wiring going to the fan.

• rowen
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

ceiling to distant pink or black - pink AC in L white - pink AC in N distant to fan black - motor L white - motor N blue - blue all vegetables mutually you would be wanting too flow away the wall activate all of the time and administration with the distant use a twine nut on the circuit you don't hire interior the ceiling and then wrap it some situations with electric powered tape

• 7 years ago

No, the ceiling fan you have now has nothing to receive a remote's signal.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • they now have units that get installed where the light switch is and then you just use the remote to control the fan/light

• mark
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Can't you just get a new chain and install it. I've done that with lamps without issue.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.