A couple questions to all, especially republicans.?

I've asked this question under a different category but i got a lot of answers that did'nt answer the question i am asking. So here it is again under a different category.

1. What does the poem that sits on a plaque below the statue of liberty by Emma Lazarus entitled "The New Colossus" mean.

2. The original American pledge of allegiance was written in 1892 by Francis Bellamy (1855–1931).

The original pledge was

"I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all".

Can anyone especially an republican supporter explain where any of the above holds merit in this day and what its meaning was/is factually. Please offer links.

...("if") the Spirit of American Patriotism run in your veins... (then) it has meaning... ("if") NOT, you wouldn't understand no matter what I attempted to explain to you !

Source(s): ...May God bless America... and have Mercy upon us for what "we" have brought upon ourselves !