Why do girls go crazy over One Direction?

Before you go off in a tantrum, I'm a guy, but I don't hate, dislike, or like One Direction. I have no reason to dislike/like them because I have never known them well enough to judge their true characters(not how they act when there's cameras around). I like a variety of music and I don't really like or dislike the music of One Direction, it's just whatever to me.

The thing that I do not understand is why girls go crazy(screaming, crying, having seizure like behavior, etc) over One Direction? I'm a heterosexual guy and even I can tell they're good looking, I mean it's true but there are so many "good looking" guys out there that it really isn't anything super unique. So they're British? So is everyone else in England. So they can sing well? So can many other everyday people.

I'm not jealous by any means, I just don't understand why girls act foolish for them. They're just normal dudes with common talents that got lucky with the music industry. I mean, they aren't as influential or important to the world like MLK, JFK, Ghandi, or Jesus Christ.

So they're good looking, sing well, and are British, so what? For 99.99% of fans out there, you'll never meet them in real life, you wont date them, and they'll never personally acknowledge you. Is it all just a big fantasy? Do girls secretly just want to f*ck them just how guys want to f*ck Katy Perry?

I respectfully request a illegitimate answer. Maybe someone knows of a research study that can answer this? Does evolution or genetics play a role? Why do girls act so stupidly for normal guys? They aren't any more special than you or me, but that's just my opinion.

Update:

I am seriously stumped by this. So please answer seriously and do not answer my question with another question, it would not further anyone else's understanding.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favourite answer

omg why so serious

• Hi
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Their looks and british and irish accents make them really popular to American girls. And actually a lot of fans do meet them, whether at a meet & greet, a signing, or on the streets. They have great voices and aren't like "everyday people." As for the fainting and crying when fans see them some fans are just a little too crazy, not all of us.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Well they're cute. Especially if you're young. But I've heard many other bands that are better, even though they may not be as cute. such as dropkick murphys (irish-american), the dubliners (irish), the pogues (irish), alestorm (scottish), flogging molly (american but is a celtic band), great big sea (canadian but also a celtic band), etc, etc. Unfortunately, young people care more about whats popular and girls especially care about the looks. Although given that they're apparently currently popular, they're probably some pop crap. I just googled images. maybe I'll check some vids and get back to ya if anything needs to be added, updated, changed, etc.

• 8 years ago

-American and other Foriegn girl like their British accents and voices

-They known to sing songs about love and romance which appeals to girls which boybands do in general

-Their youthful feminine image appeals to females especially the younger girls

-Its the girl's hormones

-fad just like people obsessing over iPhone for their brand name instead the quality (i know bad example,sorry Apple fans!).

-One Direction band will finish after few years and the fanbase will decline just like Backsreet Boys and Jonas Brothers

Im with you also,i dont hate or love One Direction but i get annoyed by girls' obsession over them and I'm a teenage girl.I have some of my friends who are so obsessed over One Direction.There are some guys in everyday life who are way better looking than them and these girls

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Its interesting, I'm sure there are many studies on this

but i think its largely because these girls are very stupid and women in general are attracted to fame and status, they will perceive a famous man much sexier than an average guy, its always been like that

• 8 years ago

You must remember they have been selected manufactured and promoted very carefully to be extremely appealing to teenage girls, much like any boyband. Girls like what other girls like; so once you have a small demography of females fans, it spreads like a virus, through friends, to friends of friends and so forth, until what it currently is now.

• 8 years ago

My daughter thinks they're cute.

I'm finding your Freudian slip (illegitimate answer?) funny.

• ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Why do girls go crazy over Twilight

• Wonkey
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I have a clue, all they care about is their looks, not like there music is good, their music sucks sooo bad! I hate one direction! I also have no clue how people like them. :)

• 8 years ago

i have no idea. I am a girl and don't go crazy over them. ( i am 13)

• 8 years ago

Because they have nothing better to do.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.