Any chance for the REMATCH of Australia vs WI semi final?

Being one of the successful teams in the tournament and overall in the world cups I think Australia deserves a rematch against West Indies. They should invoke their rematch clause today against West Indies. No sarcasm what so ever but I am real serious here. I couldn't believe what happened yesterday and I am still not believing this. I am still hoping for SL vs AUS final. It's still possible.

All Australia needs to do is just ask. Their leader Bailey should go ahead and challenge WI their number one contender-ship for the world championship. Bailey should strongly quote that West Indian victory yesterday was nothing but a fluke.right in to Darren Sammy's face. And Sammy will explode and say that he is ready to whop Australia once again. Baily with a smirk should say "You got lucky once but won't be this time". And we will have the rematch of the year where Australians thrash WI like they did in the first round and put them in their place where they belong!

Time for a Saturday night main event. And if it happens I am sure that Australia will go over and it should be..

Here is why SL should not face WI in the final

(1) Sri Lankans are absolutely shocked and intimidated by what Gayle said in the post match presentation. He said "sorry SL but this world cup is ours!"

(2) If there is a SL vs WI final the whole world would be behind West indies, the underdog.

Australians, Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, English and every one!

(3) WI already defeated the world's all time best team Australia and proved themselves as the current best in the world.

(4) WI have won 2 world cups and known as the invincibles once.

(5) What about the thrashing occurred when WI face SL in the second round in this WC"?

So SL will stand no chance! Do they?

This is an entertaining question and I am looking for cool answers.

\/ Yes Saman very much scared of Gayle. Though he just made 2 runs in 9 balls against SL in this world cup he can smash 90 off 20 balls in the final. Oh we are scared to death!

You know what??

Jessica Alba had left a voice mail last night saying that she wanna marry me.. See the nerve this btich got.. She is about 10 years older me..

I told her "girl I can get way more younger ones to do my dishes, you leave me out or.." Just my lifestyle..

See,, Im the richest man here.. Whenever I set my foot on a street,, 50 vehicles got my back, Beamer, Benz, Bentley you name it..

Weed burn slow, they are leagalized here,,

people dont kill each other,,

no politicians,,

no cops..

The motto under the framed photograph of Tony Montana on my wall says "The world is yours.."

Im living it,, this is heaven brother..

Ah,,,,

No, that's not possible and you know that Dinith. I can bet that India would be into the semis had we got a chance of a rematch against Australia. I can't say we would have won but I can safely say we would not have been defeated by nine wickets twice.

1) Sri Lankans are absolutely shocked and intimidated by what Gayle said in the post match presentation. He said "sorry SL but this world cup is ours!"

Didn't watch the post match presentation but can't believe Gayle said that. May be he was just being humorous or may be he was over excited that West Indies has indeed made it into the finals.

2) If there is a SL vs WI final the whole world would be behind West indies, the underdog.

Honestly speaking, yes. If anyone here who is not a Sri Lankan says, no he is supporting Sri Lanka, he is just trying to please you. Every one wants to see an underdog winning if its not his team.

3) WI already defeated the world's all time best team Australia and proved themselves as the current best in the world.

No comments

4) WI have won 2 world cups and known as the invincibles once.

Blast the past.

5) What about the thrashing occurred when WI face SL in the second round in this WC"?

Didn't really understand that. Sorry.

Sorry to mention this machan but you really make no good argument here. I think a rematch is a good idea since fans would need this knock out to be a real bloodbath. AFTER WI batted I knew that they are going to win it cos under pressure going at 10 an over is too hard even for batsman like Watson. It has to be understood that the semi final is a knock out match and the team which loses gotta go home. They didn't get this message after they came into the fields but they knew right from the start. So it's their bad cos WI came with pistons firing and the reaction by Australia was damn poor.

Just think that the match was between SL and AUS and SL won handsomely against AUS. Would you be on this opinion then? No way man so not a good argument. If this question was about Whether AUS didn't perform to their potential I would agree but just not this one macho...

Lets hope we win tomorrow cos it has to be understood that Pollard is in real good hitting form, Gayle is in the form of his life and narine,Samuels and core are looking ever more dangerous.

GO LIONSS. !!

Source(s): My opinion actually. 😀
  • Adarsh

I think if India had challenged Australia into a rematch,Australia wouldn't had even made it into the semi-finals..I still feel it a big surprise that Australia made it into the semis & still wonder if they really got past tough teams like India & south Africa who were the big favorites entering into the tournament..!!

& it was a brave open challenge given by chris gayle against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka..Those kinds of mind games would just heat up the Sri lankan camp..& unlike many,I m supporting Sri Lanka for tomorrow's match..& the reason behind this is they were never able to win any world cup finals in recent years.,including 2007 & 2011 WC & 2009 T20 finals..I can feel the disappointment of sangakkara after losing to india in the finals of 2011 WC,after which he retired as a captain..I want to see sangakkara & Mahela led SL team finally win a big final this time..!!

Although many people believe that WI can win this,it was SL who were a more dominant side..WI Lost Chris gayle early against SL & went on to post a small total,& lost by a big margin..Similar thing repeated against NZ & I frankly feel that they were just too lucky to survive that(NZ just needed 27 in 4 overs with Taylor at the crease..& the no ball six by gayle to Southee hurt NZ the most)..this just tells that If SL gets Gayle as early as possible,World cup is almost lifted..!!

• ?

IMO Australia were subjected to bit of disrespect, when they were ranked below Ireland in T-20 rankings. They hit the nadir there & decided to play according to their normal potential. They were unstoppable for sometime after that.

W.I. has looked destined to win this W.C. somehow & S.L. has to be on guard. They should not take W.I. for granted, either way, to make them overwhelming faves to win or lose. Take them as it happens, on the day.

Gayle & Pollard are inconsistent and they can again fail easily. Having boasted about the trophy, Gayle has put himself on the line, he has to perform or perish, no other way round left for him to hide.

Don't forget S.L. is playing at home, with world class spinners, A.Mendis,Malinga, Mathews & Kulusekara in the bowling department.

Then you have Mahela, Dilshan, Sanga, Jeevan etc. in batting. Its also a complete line up.

W.I. might just be little ahead with their collective power hitters but they must be wary of running into variety of spinners, on a dry, spinning track, their undoing on many occasions. Malinga has got back his form, when it matters the most.

Don't agree with your assertions about their previous records, as those were the early days & it happened such a long time ago, it won't matter a bit. Same could be said about Aus, they were the world champs in ODI's, they have done their best in T-20 here, which wasn't enough.

Here's wishing both the teams all the best for the finals & may the better team walk away with the trophy. Good luck & enjoy the day tomorrow..

• Saboo

No, West Indies won the match fair and square.

Good idea and i think India should ask Engalnd for a rematch In a test in England i India will have there revenge

ઈ Hell Yeah ઈ

On Sunday, 7 Oct.

You will see the repeat performance by Windies when they beat SL.

Source(s): ઈ Beer

Oh bro whats happened to you.

• k

The past is past.It will never come