Marine recruiter lieing to me ?

so lately ive been thinking the marines are what i wanna do after high school so i went to go talk to a recruiter and i asked him basic questions how much is the pay and such . and then i ask the benefit's and they say health and dental care and they pay for my housing electricity and water bill . so im like... show more so lately ive been thinking the marines are what i wanna do after high school so i went to go talk to a recruiter and i asked him basic questions how much is the pay and such . and then i ask the benefit's and they say health and dental care and they pay for my housing electricity and water bill . so im like sounds great! and so today when i went to go get a hair cut the lady that cut's my hair we were having conversation and i tell her i wanna join the marines and she tell's me dont do it because she has had her oldest son and her nephew become marines and they never got those benefit's they got told all these great things but they never got any of that she tells me how the now both work at grocery stores and are just traumatized like hell and just live there life really cautiously . so i'm wondering are they just telling me all these great things so i can sign up and just another soldier out there or is this really true ? some one please help me .
11 answers