Marine recruiter lieing to me ?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
so lately ive been thinking the marines are what i wanna do after high school so i went to go talk to a recruiter and i asked him basic questions how much is the pay and such . and ...show more
Best Answer
  • me2 answered 2 years ago
RECRUITERS LIE? NO WAY
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (10)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • mnbvcxz52773 answered 2 years ago
    Chances are her nephew got in trouble and lost all the benefits when he was kicked out.

If you do what your supposed to do, you get everything. If you are a screw up, you lose benefits.
    • Comment
  • Benjamin answered 2 years ago
    No, he's not lying to you.

Obviously, her kids are out of the military now, and are no longer under the wing of the Marines. Every person's military experience is different. They may have had bad experiences and got out quickly.

While you are Active Duty you will have great benefits like 100% medical and dental, and housing entitlements (if you're a high enough rank, or married... low ranking Service Members have a hard time getting authorized to live off-base outside of the Barracks.. it's just the way of things)

The only way you will retain benefits similar to the ones you are entitled to while you are Active Duty is to retire after 15/20+ years, or to be medically retired. And you will not retain the housing benefits. Only the medical, as far as I understand.
    • Comment
  • Marcus answered 2 years ago
    These benefits are Real.! It's not a lie, that lady didn't know what she was taking about.

Source(s):

Army PFC
    • Comment
  • ? answered 2 years ago
    1) Marines. Capitalized.

2) She`s lying. There`s a select few who don`t like the Corps, mostly because they were horrible Marines. They`re just saying that. Your recruiter`s right. There`s a lot of benefits you`ll get; don`t worry.

3) You won`t be a Soldier. Soldier`s are in the Army. You`ll be a Marine.

Any further questions, message me.
    • Comment
  • Go White Sox™ answered 2 years ago
    When you are enlisted and live in the barracks, you are living rent free w/all your basic needs being provided for (meals, housing, etc). The only thing you would be paying out of pocket is if you have a cell phone, a landline in your room, cable, or that kind of thing. If you reach a point where you are allowed to live offbase, you will be allotted a certain amount of money for housing based on your rank, but the rest would be up to you. For example, let's say you're an E-4 living offbase, you would be allotted let's say $800 a month for rent. (I'm just throwing a number out there, I don't know what BAH is nowadays) You find an apt for $850 a month. You would have the $800 from the military, you would pay out of pocket the difference of $50. You would be responsible for whatever isn't included in the apt (some include things like heat & water, so you would want to check what's included and what's not). So let's just say you're paying rent, electric, gas, etc. You have to fit that all withing your budget of what you're getting in BAH and COLA (Cost of Living Allowance). You aren't allowed free meals on base so if you eat in the chow hall on base, you will have to pay for it.
    • Comment
  • Ty answered 2 years ago
    Those benefits are real, maybe her nephew's got dishonorable discharges or are complete **** and that's why they got a crappy job after the Marines because they didn't wanna go to College but they wanna make good money which isn't really all that possible, either you use your GI Bill and make something out of yourself or suck it up and don't blame the Corps for how shitty your life turned out after you got out
    • Comment
  • Airika answered 2 years ago
    You do get many benifits! She's a lier!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • LTCgross answered 2 years ago
    Grammar is not your enemy. There I got that out of the way.

You have to ask yourself if your hairdresser is the best person to give you advice about the military. Those benefits you listed are the tip of the iceberg and they happen to be the benefits that no one can ever say "they didn't receive". Ignore your hairdresser, she probably has an agenda. Remember that every branch of the military is over strength and we have ten people trying to get in for every one slot. Why would we lie about anything?

Source(s):

27 years active Army service.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • garrytoo answered 2 years ago
    you are provided everything you will need as a marine things like water bills and electricity bills dont matter because you live on base so he's not lying to you.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• ? answered 2 years ago
    ok
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total answers: