Harbhajan deserves to play in ALL formats says Ganguly. Do you agree with Dada?

Do you seriously think Bhajji deserves to play in tests and ODIs too? Why or why not?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • small
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favourite answer

On what basis can he be chosen to replace Ashwin assuming that it would be foolish to include two off-spinners in the team when there are other part time off spinners as well..... his latest Ranji performance as well as other domestic ones too have been dismal... he did reasonably well in County cricket but that I believe doesn't entitle him to replace Ashwin in any format of the game right now considering Ashwin's own performance.

Gangu Dada is known to be a biased person when it comes to people he used to favour during his own hay-days and Bhajji was one of his top favourites to the extent that he used to prefer him over even Kumble many a time.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Ganguly wanted Dravid and laxman to retire so that yougsters could play. If Bhajji has to play test then Ashwin has to be dropped since he is the off spinner. This just does not make sense. I think Ashwin and Ojha are doing a good job now and have a lot more variations that Bhajji. Also Ashwin looks a lot more sound while batting and is showing signs of being a good allrounder. If Dada loves Bhajji so much he should include him in the Pune warriors team.

• Jay
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No, Ashwin and Ojha are better spinners and have worked hard to get into the Test team and are taking their chance.

Harbhajan Singh didn't look interested on his last few Test match appearances and looked over-weight and unfit, mentally and physically. Perhaps Ganguly is speaking up for a friend, but his advice doesn't make cricketing sense to me. If either of Ashwin or Ojha are dropped think how they will feel? It'll also make the Indian Test team look like an old boys club. Moreover he hasn't done anything in first class cricket this season for Essex that makes him deserving of even being considered.

• 8 years ago

If we talk about giving respect to him as he was a player who has given India many victories, then Yes, Dada is right. But when it comes to replace a player iwho is currently in form and when it comes to nations respect, to take such a chance will be inappropriate.

According to me, Bhajji should be brought for the Test Cricket and ODI's later and not by replacing Ashvin.

Else, the team is At Its Best!!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Harbhajan used to be a great spinner but like Jay says he isn't fit enough or hungry enough any more. If he were to get picked ahead of Ohja and Ashwin, it would be, if you will pardon the pun... a slap in the face! :)

Ganguly is seeing things through rose tinted spectacles in trying it help out an old friend. In a way it's admirable that he's still loyal to him but it's also misguided.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Bhajji is a great player no doubt But ashwin and ojha doing very well so how bhajji will come back in indian team.

• Albert
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Well I Think He Still Can Deserves It To Play Test Match, I Don't Know About One Days OR T-20,

(BUT I Think ONE DAY He Should Get "Married" And Play T- 20 With His Wife).

• 8 years ago

He has to prove his worth in Ranji and other tournaments. He is a consistent failure in recent times, even at club level. Personal friendship and national interest should not be allowed to clash. I feel Dada is mixing both. Both Ashwin adn Ojha have proved their worth. Of the two spinners whom would sack to accommodate Bhajji? Or would you sacrifice one of the speedsters?

• 8 years ago

Ganguly is neither a selector nor the captain of the team.He should worry about his future in IPL than commenting on others.He is backing Bhajji because he thinks he will return favour by Letting him play for MI like Yuvi.

• zxv
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Its not fair that he should squeeze back in at the expense of players who are doing very well. Ganguly is wrong. Their is nothing wrong with 2nd chances, but not when it means others chances are trumped at someone else's expense. Ashwin has done really well, and IMO better spinner than Harbhajan.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.