Why are some people such manipulative control freaks?

I have seen some people love to control so much,why do they do that all the time,do they get a high out of controlling or is it because they cannot accept people the way they are or is it because of jealousy as the other person is better than them and they cant take it and want to make the other person feel guilty... show more I have seen some people love to control so much,why do they do that all the time,do they get a high out of controlling or is it because they cannot accept people the way they are or is it because of jealousy as the other person is better than them and they cant take it and want to make the other person feel guilty for being who they are and dont want them to excel or is it because they feel a sense of power when controlling.My boss just told me that the way to confidence is to always think you are the best,this colleague of mine heard it and told me never to think like that as it is a big lie and will give me only temporary pleasure and wont really work.Why does she have to control the way i want to think,this is just one occasion,she does this every time she gets a chance and now i have learnt not to be humble to those who dont value humility.My uncle hates my elder brother and keeps taunting him and always finds faults with him,my brother is efficient and nice and is pretty successful but my uncle loves controlling everything so much ever since i lost my dad and he just cant take the fact that my brother can manage things well and take control.And there is this guy i know ,he cant take it if i talk to guys or look at them and treats me like i committed a big crime,this guy hasnt the slightest affection for me,he had a girlfriend as far as i know though i dont know the status of their relationship now but i think i know for sure that he is not interested in me.I dont understand why these people have to control so much.Why cant they just just live their lives and give others their space.i always react like a victim to them in an effort to be accepted by them .how do i stop doing that?Please give me helpful answers.
Update: ok the first girl was right but what about the other two,arent they too controlling?i am not trying to control but yeah i am being too sensitive and i am trying to stop being like that,so my question is how do i stop being so sensitive?
Update 2: @x-jazzy:thanks a lot .I will definitely try to implement practically what you said,i have tried that sometimes in the past,it felt really good and everything goes really well but then again something happens or someone says some stupid comment and i suddenly fall back to my old over-thinking sulking... show more @x-jazzy:thanks a lot .I will definitely try to implement practically what you said,i have tried that sometimes in the past,it felt really good and everything goes really well but then again something happens or someone says some stupid comment and i suddenly fall back to my old over-thinking sulking self.Anyways,thanks again and i wish i was as strong as you and could think like you all the time.
Update 3: @lanie:thanks sooo much for your answer,it was so perfect in every case.I do agree with what the 1st girl says but i dont trust her and doubt her intentions because of her suspicious behaviour.My uncle has a son almost my bro's age so there are a lot of stuff goin on in his mind but i hate to think too deeply... show more @lanie:thanks sooo much for your answer,it was so perfect in every case.I do agree with what the 1st girl says but i dont trust her and doubt her intentions because of her suspicious behaviour.My uncle has a son almost my bro's age so there are a lot of stuff goin on in his mind but i hate to think too deeply about such things and add to the stress i already have.About the guy ,you are right ,he does seem to have a connection with me,he never talks but the rare times that he has talked to me ,he was able to read me almost accurately unlike others who dont see whats goin on in my mind through the smiling rather foolish mask that i wear.But i am TIRED of having mental connections with all the weird guys,i never seem to have a good connection with a nice guy even when they seem interested in me.