Audrey
Audrey asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 years ago

So what does friends with benefits mean?

The "benefit" here only means sex? I mean I have this particular neighbour who is a single father and I sometimes help him with his son and he sometimes keeps an eye on my dog when I’m out for few days. Are we friends with benefits?

Hey LQ and MoM... How are you doing?:)

Hey Temple, only if you were my neighbour...

Hey Evil Twin...

Favorite Answer

What you're got going there is just straight up "friend."

FWB means sex but no intimate feelings involved.

Yeeeah, doesn't really work. It's one of those: sounds good in theory, but in practice, all hell breaks loose.

Hi.

Friends with benefits or FWB is where you are friends as such but also have casual consensual sex with each other.

Too bad you're not my neighbour, i'd like that friendship

• Chok

Benefits only mean sex when the term friends with benefits are used

No, that's just being good neighbors.

Friends with benefits means that you pay for his health insurance!

Hehe...j/k, that was droll.

In general, yes the term implies that you're friends who get together for sex, but not romance.

Can be fun if you're into that, but I prefer to be romantic, I guess...

Source(s): Hi, Audrey! I'm ok, haven't on here much lately...but figured it was time for a party!!

No, that means you are friends and that you have a neighbor you can count on. "With benefits" does imply sex--don't try to argue the semantics, you will be misunderstood if you try to use those words in any other way.

I was to understand that it met that the couple would have sexual relations with each other, but don't want to live together or be married or obligated to each other in any other way then to have sex with each other when they desire to do so.

I think you are making a better choice in what you are doing.

hi audrey.

while the benefits you mention are not insignificant, i can assure you they are less beneficial (to him at least) than the benefits you neighbor would rather you be sharing.

usually it means that the sex becomes too 'bonding' for one of the partners and they fall while the other doesn't.

i have yet to observe a case where both partners fall for each other... even though RomComs make it seem common.

i believe technically, y'all are neighbors with benefits.

You are your neighbor are friendly neighbors-nothing more. FWB is purely a sexual arrangement without the emotional entanglements of a traditional romantic relationship.

like on y!a you make a contract with a contact to BA one another every time.

No, a friend with benefits is a nice way of saying you have a prostitute that doesn't charge.