Sophie
Sophie asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 years ago

Men and attitudes toward female promiscuity?

Why does it seem that so many men who degrade women for having consensual sex (calling them sl*ts, wh*res, etc) also complain about it supposedly being hard for men to hook up. Does it not occur to them that shaming women for having consensual sex is a major part of the reason why women have a disincentive to engage in such behavior. It's like they desperately want women to be promiscuous but then hate them for it at the same time. Can you shed some light on this?

I'm not asking this because it is "changing my behavior" as you say. I am currently in a long term monogamous relationship. It's just a gender double standard that puzzles and annoys me.

@Trent - Men are admired for being promiscuous, women are ridiculed. That's sort of the whole point of the question.

@ Trent. I didn't report your previous answer.

@Sdfger - Study after study? Please show me some of these studies.

I see your point but have no good explanation. Taking it further, why aren`t men looked down on and called something equally derogatory for doing the same thing?

I consider it can be certainly time we take delivery of a little extra of females here. My view on it's that for men it is a very approved factor in society. So i am suggesting a reverse principle. I think it can be entirely appropriate to be a person devourer. For as soon as, will we? With out being whores and sluts? Me personally, i'm now not out to get as many men i will be able to sleep with, when you consider that clearly i've better specifications. If it can be relatively simplest intercourse oriented: eventually i might be main a celebate lifestyles (rofl) when you consider that most men simply aren't hot sufficient. And if they are, as a lady you could get consistent with 10.000 other women. A mild hypochondriac would already have a predicament with that. I think you are correct in the sense that, we have to balance stuff out right here. Men will have to frequently make themselves more desirable, as women had been putting effort in that for a while. Then I vote in behaving simply as so much as pigs as guys were doing for a while. Fine plan!

I'm not a man (obviously) but the story I've been fed is that men appreciate it more when we 'hold out' it's the illusion that we have standards and morals. A friend 'advised' me today that he and his (now) wife didn't have sex for 7 months, to which I replied 7 months no way am I waiting that long, I was genuinely shocked and wonder if it is at all possible when you're mutually attracted - he laughed and said that he didn't know I was the type.

I think it is related to the fact that some men are still uncomfortable with women's sexuality and if too aggressive for their tastes may make them believe that this woman is going to be unfaithful in the future. A girl who holds out is relationship worthy, one who doesn't is a slut and therefore should be treated like one.

However, not all men think this way especially as they mature and become experienced in relationships. Personally I hate playing games, I'm very impatient by nature and don't have the time - I'd rather be upfront as to what I want you can either accept it or lump it.

• WWCSD

Promiscuous female have sex with about 30% of all men. they don't have sex ith everyone. Most females want what they can't have. The perfect scenario is college. Thumb me down but you know it's true. I know because I have been in both sides of the grass. I was a virgin until I was 19 and didn't get much until I started working out. Now it's so much easier. I still see some of my friends struggle and I can understand better. Promiscuous females live their lives and **** whoever they want to **** and then settle down with a poor bastard. Most of them anyways. They all justify this because of feelings.

Moving on, it is much more difficult for men to get laid that women. On any given day if a woman goes out and she has ok hygiene it will be really likely that she will get laid. It is definitely not true for a guy.

So thinking from a skills perspective. Would you admire someone who can do something that's really easy or admire someone that does something really hard?

If promiscuous women had sex with a wider variety of men that problem would go away. But that's unlikely to happen.

Also, if my gf is a virgin I would't push her into having sex. I want her to save it until marriage. However, if she has had sex, I better get some.

Source(s): Truth
    • Adriana5 years agoReport

save it until marriage for someone who served who they could get? Dude, you live a myth. Those women have brains and use them, so will look for someone who has not done all bush he could.

In my experience, VERY few men call females "sluts". However, a radio announcer called a female a slut on air. This female would go to bars where she knew male sports athletes congregate after the game. She had a heap of "scores" which put her at the top of the pecking order amongst her female peers. She then made derogatory comments about the players which is what annoyed the radio announcer. The female took the radio guy to court for calling her a slut. The trial was decided by jury. The jury unanimously agreed that she was a slut under the definition of the word and she was left to pay his costs which amounted to over $100,000. VERY few men would want to stop a female from having sex with them.

However, I see females calling other females sluts all the time. I saw 4 15 y.o. girls calling another 15 year old a slut because she had more guy friends than the other four put together. Females call other females sluts because of what they look like. It goes on and on. So why do females call other females sluts all the time?

• Beer

I disagree.

In my experience, it's mostly men who are promiscuous themselves, and who can get women easily, are the ones that call promiscuous women sluts etc.

Meh...but I've also seen so many women who degrade men who don't want to settle down or marry but rather choose to "play the field" for as long as possible, by calling them immature, pigs etc, which is in its core no different than calling promiscuous women sluts.

Some people are hypocrites, some people expect us all to abide by THEIR standards and morals...they are stupid that way. What can you do?!

If you think men can control your thoughts and behavior just by calling you names or degrading you, then you aren't a woman that make her own decisions for her own actions and behavior. Don't sit there thinking you don't have a choice to not fit in that stereotype or prevent a man to control you on what you can or cannot do with your body. Seriously, if everyone was personally accountable to themselves before pointing the finger to blame, it would change the outlook on life.

I'm a Woman, and I think the exact same thing. It's so annoying, men always say girls are so confusing and never make up there minds... Wow! Plus, if a girl sleeps with one man, she'll get call a sl*t, a wh0re, and a bunch of other things, but guys go sleeping around and nobody does anything to them! That's why you save sex for after marriage...

They use arguments that are what I call "loops of terror".

Anyway, anyone who says that one sex has more of a right to be promiscuous than the other is by definition a bigot.

Well the men who want women to be whores and the men who shame women for being whores are different people. If you don't understand me I mean that there is a group of men who want whores and another who shame women for being whores. You lumped both groups together thus making you think men contradict themselves in what they really want.

In my experience, it’s been mostly women who denigrate other women for being promiscuous. When men do it, it’s generally due to sexual insecurity of their own. It makes them very uncomfortable to see these women with men other than themselves. However, it bears repeating the large majority of this hostility is directed at other women by other women.