Men and attitudes toward female promiscuity?

Why does it seem that so many men who degrade women for having consensual sex (calling them sl*ts, wh*res, etc) also complain about it supposedly being hard for men to hook up. Does it not occur to them that shaming women for having consensual sex is a major part of the reason why women have a disincentive to... show more Why does it seem that so many men who degrade women for having consensual sex (calling them sl*ts, wh*res, etc) also complain about it supposedly being hard for men to hook up. Does it not occur to them that shaming women for having consensual sex is a major part of the reason why women have a disincentive to engage in such behavior. It's like they desperately want women to be promiscuous but then hate them for it at the same time. Can you shed some light on this?
Update: I'm not asking this because it is "changing my behavior" as you say. I am currently in a long term monogamous relationship. It's just a gender double standard that puzzles and annoys me.
Update 2: @Trent - Men are admired for being promiscuous, women are ridiculed. That's sort of the whole point of the question.
Update 3: @ Trent. I didn't report your previous answer.
Update 4: @Sdfger - Study after study? Please show me some of these studies.