Discharged from boot camp, but wants to rejoin?

This might not be clear enough for a thorough answer, but my boyfriend isn't here to give me all the details again. My boyfriend had joined the Marines when he was 18 or 19. He was discharged from boot camp. I don't remember what it was for exactly, but it wasn't health reason. I think it was not listening to those in charge or something. Anyways, he is now 24 and wants to try to rejoin the Marines or any branch of the military. However, they all want a copy of his discharge papers. He has called the place several times (he isn't in the same state anymore so he can't just go there) and it seems that he is getting the run around. No one ever calls him back with his information. Is there any place we can call to try to get them to make his original base give his discharge information to the right people? Sorry this is so long, but I don't know where else to ask! Thank y'all!

10 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favourite answer

    it will not happen.

    he's PERMANENTLY ineligible for military service, in ANY branch.

  • 8 years ago

    the thing is he can enter his ssn at the office and have them see what the issue was...........to be honest if the have already kicked him out then they are either NOT going to rush to help him or his shyt on his own two feet bad enough that he is NOT able to get back in.

    The state he lives in, is a moot point, the fact that he has lost some of the most important papers he will ever get IS the point................

    What place has he called???

  • shroud
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    when a soldier is discharged they are told to keep that paperwork it's very important

    with that said his discharge is now in record storage not in the last base or state he was discharged from

    the VA could help also requiter's at least they can point him to the right office and phone numbers

  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    he most likely has an ELS with a less than stellar discharge code and would NOT be allowed to re enlist.

    he can petition the Archives for a copy of his DD214 or his ELS papers, which ever one he got.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 years ago

    Not ever beneath any instances will you ever be allowed the privilege of serving. You peed scorching at MEPS, you might be performed eternally there is no expunging or wiping the slate clean.

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    He can call the VA and they can tell him how to get a copy of his DD-214. He can go to www.archives.com and get instructions on how to get a copy of his complete service records. He has to write to an address in Kansas City, MO and the site tells him how.

    I would think a recruiter could get his discharge papers if he wanted to. If he was discharged for other than medical and, especially, for nonconformance as you implied he isn't going to be readmitted. I don't know if he could get in another branch but, I suspect, it is highly unlikely.

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    He can apply for his DD214 on the VA website.

    And keep in mind, this is the military. **** doesn't happen overnight.


    Semper Fi


  • Wraeth
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    Even if he manages to get his paperwork, getting discharged from any basic training for "failure to adapt" is an automatic DQ for every single branch to re-enlist. He's basically wasting his time.

    Source(s): US Army Scout
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    Here you go www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records

    If you need any help please PM and ignore these other assholes here! Good luck to him and you!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.