Is this normal in a healthy relationship ?!?!?

Okay, so recently me and my guy have been getting into a lot of arguments, and its always stupid things that he finds that turn into huge fights. Usually about me not caring enough, or not prioritizing him, or about me taking care of my pet, or something stupid which makes me feel taken for granted and not... show more Okay, so recently me and my guy have been getting into a lot of arguments, and its always stupid things that he finds that turn into huge fights. Usually about me not caring enough, or not prioritizing him, or about me taking care of my pet, or something stupid which makes me feel taken for granted and not appreciated because i always treat him as the most important person in my life. Anyways, recently he got really mad and started swearing in public and yelling at me, cursing, calling me names, saying that he hates himself for ever even knowing etc etc. So anyways, i had enough and since this is like our 10th argument ( and we've been dating for a year now), i just wanted to call quits because i can't handle it anymore nor do i feel any love. He came by and i told him that this isn't healthy for me. After crying and apologizing to me ( as has been done before) , i said that I understand his apologies but it's just too much of a dramatic relationship for me, and i don't want to be a part of this and i need a break. He stopped crying, got angry, punched my door so that it slammed open and started swearing at me incredibly and wouldn't leave. I told him to stop swearing in my face and just leave but he said he wants to make sure i hear it so it hurts. Eventually he left, the next three days he kept showing up to apologize again, but i am really sick of everything. What do i do ? i don't know what is normal anymore. Help ? Previous argumetns have been about things like not trusting me, my family, my dog , etc.
Update: i feel that i really do love him, because we CAN have a good time together, but when things get rough.... they get scary .... and that scares me for the future