Who thinks Lethal injection should be abolished?

I do and it must happen in time for James Holmes' execution if he gets that sentence. Lethal injection is simply too easy and the inmate just dies in their sleep through this method and if that were to happen then I promise you this, crime will go down a fair number. Holmes needs the firing squad or any other execution that makes pain. He must feel what pain his victims did.

• rowlfe

I am against capital punishment, period. These idiots should stay alive to SUFFER. Death is simply too quick an end. You can not make such a promise. There is no evidence to support what you say... I do not believe in torture. I will NOT inflict pain. ... Simple hard labor, a sledgehammer and rocks works for me... The county can always use gravel to pave roads...

Are you forgetting that you feel no pain when you are dead?. firing squad, lethal injection Electric chair gas chambers. beheading by guillotine, hanging , come on man, if you want to be a vicious nasty horrible revengist, then life imprisonment is by far the best way to meeter out your revenge because being locked up in a cell alone, 23 hours a day with only your thoughts for company is far more horrifying than facing any form of execution.. think about it, death verses 99 years alone.. id prefer a quick death any day.

• Who

Personally I am against capital punishment

(but I DO think murderers should be in jail until they die, but should have just basic facilities and have to EARN better facilities)

HOWEVER

I did see a tv program which put forward the argument that making an execution painful MIGHT tend to dissuade somebody from murder . And if it does this then that execution has had a benifical effect for others and was NOT just retribution.

I don't agree. The kind of punishment you seem to be thinking about would probably violate the 8th amendment. The Constitution is too important to abuse it for the sake of revenge.

By the way, the death penalty is no more effective in reducing crime than life sentences, with or without parole.

• t

The death penalty in my opinion should be reserved for sociopaths and other cold blooded killers. It should also only be used in cases where we know with 100% certainty that we know they are the ones who committed the crime. Lethal injection is fine with me I am not an advocate for a long, drawn out death. I recommend you read William Brennan's dissenting opinion in Glass v. Louisiana

I think death is the easy way out. I'd like to see him live a long life in prison. Give him time to think about what he did, and every day wish he would die.

Execution takes less than one minute. 70 years in a U.S. Maximum security prison is a llllloooonnngggggg time.

"James Holmes, Aurora Shooting Suspect, Faces Death Threats From Other Inmates"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/22/james-hol...

Just leave him with his inmates and save the money.

Some people have no right to breathe the same air as me, some people need to be put down. Sorry if that cold but it's the hard fact.

He had a reason to do what he did, he was crazy.

But us the supposedly sane people, want to do the same exact thing to him?

If anything that makes us worse.

Capital punishment should be abolished here like it has been in the rest of the western civilized world.