Why do some men still have very chavinistic attitudes toward women?

I just broke up with this guy after a couple of months. he is in his early thirties and seemed nice at first but then he started making these crazy statements. he said that he didn't think it was wrong for a man to rape a woman if they were married. he said that even though his parents were married for forty... show more I just broke up with this guy after a couple of months. he is in his early thirties and seemed nice at first but then he started making these crazy statements. he said that he didn't think it was wrong for a man to rape a woman if they were married. he said that even though his parents were married for forty years it is not his moms money it it his fathers because she never worked outside the home. he also thought that being a mom instead of working outside the home was not real work. this was weird because i never met such a young guy with such chavinistic views? why?