Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 8 years ago

I found out my brother watches porn?

my younger brother (he's 12) let me use his iPod. I opened the Internet and there were all these porn sites still open. When I went on YouTube there was stuff in the history there too. I didnt know what to do so I deleted it from his history but it's been bothering me for a while. My mom checked the history on the computer and found porn there and when she told us and asked if it was either of us who was watching it my brother got all defensive and pretty much threw a tantrum... whenever I just pick up his iPod he'll yell at me. He put a password on it too... I don't know what to do.. Should I tell my parents?

2

Source(s): Girl Alone Live Webcam - http://CamGz.com/?YOAI
  • Mary

Most guys watch porn. It's important to remember, though, that guys can very easily separate sex and emotion whereas most women cannot. It's kind of a hard thing to work your head around but just realize that porn is something that fulfills a physical need, and doesn't interfere with what a guy thinks about real-life sex or relationships.

Yes you should.

They can tell your brother they found out themselves, there is no need to bring you into this discussion.

Online porn is not a good way to learn about sex, it might teach you where to put what, and more, but it does not teach anyone about the importance of a loving relationship, and without that lesson then sex is just sex for it's own sake.

I am a first or maybe second generation Dad where sex online is a big problem for our children (ie you and your brother).

In my day we could see pictures of the sex act, but with no movement because it was in magazines, the words etc we heard about sex were from our parents, the way they talked to each other in front of us proved more about how a loving sexual relationship should be than any other medium could.

An orgy is possible, but it is not normal day to day life, 3 girls and one guy is possible, but again it is not normal life, 6 girls in a pool playing with each other is possible, but far from normal life.

At a young age, ie 12, if you see this stuff, you can think it is normal and try to act on it, and that will hurt people because it simply is not normal behaviour.

I know you can put 6 guys and a girl in a room and everyone will have a good time, but it has to be by choice, and trust me, 99.9% of females are not that girl.

Source(s): Just tell your Mum and Dad, or just Mum, or just Dad, but stop it now before anyone gets too confused about what is normal and expectable, and what is rape. I'm red blooded, and anything goes, but you need direction to be taught to you before you go out and fcuk up the world.

I had the same problem but it wasn't my brother it was my dad

I'll give you 4 choices : 1 - He doesn't know ( History ) so he is pretty bad in computer and those kind of things SO make a fake E-mail and tell him that if he watches another porn movies you're gonna block his internet ( make the E-mail's name close to the internet company he is using )

2-Join Websense it'll block everything (Except youtube ) ( I used this )

3-TELL him that you know everything and you're gonna expose him if he won't stop

4-TELL your parents

Yes you should tell your parents. Not so much about the porn itself, teenage boys and pictures of naked ladies go hand in hand on... well you know. The problem is possible viruses on the computer from these web sites and raising your families risk of being victims of identity theft. The need to run some good anti virus/ anti maleware software and makesure they have a good firewall.

12 years for a boy is a normal age to start being interested in sex. What is the problem?????

Don't tell your parents.

Your brother is not committing a crime. He is just a 12 year old boy.

Your parents probably know your brother is watching porn since he was making a big deal out of it and getting so defensive. Evenif you don't tell your parents, he will get caught or have already got caught.

I think you should tell your mom, who should tell your dad, who should talk to your brother. Or talk to your brother yourself. Chances are most guys his age do it too. But porn may be a big deal for a twelve year old. It may affect him mentally. My brother was 10 when he found out about porn. If you think your parents will freak out. Just leave it alone. He wants you to respect his privacy, like you want him to respect yours.

There isn't porn on YouTube, but leave it, it's normal I'm a 13 yo boy and I watch porn every day, trust me, it's normal!

You should stay the F*** out of his life. Stop being such an overbearing B****. Leave the poor kid alone! How do some people get to be such A$$holes like you?