Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 8 years ago

Do your dreams ever seem so real that they blend in with your reality?

Have you ever had a time where you though of something from your past, but started to question if it actually happened or if you just experienced it during a dream? I get this frequently and I am left clueless as to whether or not I actually experienced it in my own reality. It's hard because sometimes people ask questions like where have you travelled, have you done this or that, etc. and I honestly don't remember sometimes.

• Mary

Some more conservative dream theorists postulate that dreams are merely a result of excess sensory input "left over" from the previous day. This idea may explain why some dreams are extremely realistic in ever way, and sometimes leave you guessing as to what really happened and what did not. This might be a viable explanation if your daydreams are realistic in nature. Conversely, if your daydreams are more fantastic and abstract, but are combining with real day-to-day situations on a continual basis, then there may be a cause for alarm because that is a form of psychosis. Personally, I've had many dreams, like the first example, that seeped into the next morning and left me wondering if they really happened. It's definitely confusing, but somewhat entertaining when I figured things out.

Yes, because what happens in your dream is usually a result to what happens in your everyday life.

Source(s): Me

Yes it's because you usually dream about stuff that has happen to you before.

I get that too!!