Cell phone recommendation please?

I'm moving to UCF in August and I want to get a smart phone. I haven't tried out many carriers so I don't know which ones would have good coverage in the Orlando area and hopefully also in my hometown of Rockford, Illinois.

Plus, I do like to text and go on the web, so an unlimited amount of that would be nice. I don't speak on phones very often so I wouldn't need many minutes.

I'd prefer a no-contract phone.

I recently stopped using Virgin Mobile because my phone stopped working and at the time I wasn't using it enough to justify paying $70+ for a new version of a faulty phone. But that was a good plan at $25/month for unlimited texting and data plus a few hundred minutes.

At best I'd get a phone with a QWERTY keyboard, but that's not necessary.

I'd really like to minimize my costs on this.

Thanks for the help!

I don't think any carrier will let you get a phone without a contract, no matter what phone it is. I know you want a smartphone that doesn't cost much, but if I were you I'd get the IPhone, because no matter what smartphone you get, you'll still want to get a better phone and the Iphone is considered o be the best. Try getting Verizon or AT&T because those companies are most popular and would have the most towers, meaning more connection and coverage. Or if you aren't willing to pay for the IPhone, get a driod or samsung because they are cheaper and are also considered to be one of the best smart phones.

Check out the StraightTalk phones in Walmart.

www.straighttalk.com. You buy minutes once

a month at the store. the web site has some deals.

One package is $45 for 1000 of everything =per

month. Minutes expire . Keyboard versions too.